WORKSITE LOCATION:Gulf Bend Regional Plaza, 6502 Nursery Drive, Suite 100, Victoria TX 77904
PAY GRADE: 13 EEOC CODE: Professional FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SHIFT: Fulltime; Monday thru Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
REPORTS TO: Adult Mental Health Services Manager
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION REQUIRED: General
JOB PURPOSE: Provides psycho-social rehab services, skills training services, and routine case management services to adults with severe and persistent mental illness. Services will be provided in the community and/or clinic. Is responsible for completing assessments, treatment planning, effective coordination of appropriate community services and crisis intervention. Acts as liaison between clients/families and service providers. Requires travel within the 7 counties. Meets multiple deadlines and reporting requirements. May perform other work duties as assigned by Program Manager. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Adult Mental Health Team Lead with considerable latitude for the exercise of discretion and independent judgment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
1. Participates as directed in the screening of new service requests within the clinic by means of and agency approved procedure which ensures that all individuals are adequately and appropriately served according to their individual needs and in accordance with existing policies and procedures.
2. Accepts newly assigned cases in which the diagnostic intake has been completed by a licensed provider.
3. Completes case management assessment on all clients entering caseload.
4. Develops appropriate treatment/service plans with clients as the means for implementing appropriate services and developing effective rapport with clients.
5. Provides on-going case management functions in accordance with the problems, needs, and the strategies identified within the service plan in order to help the clients to achieve goals and objectives.
6. Provides face to face assessments with the clients on a biannual basis. The progress made in reaching service goals are discussed so that the recovery plan can be adapted, as necessary, to ensure that the goals and objectives are being achieved.
7. Documents all service contacts on a timely basis including face-to-face interviews, collateral and networking contacts, correspondence and maintains the case records in accordance with agency and regulatory standards and requirements.
8. Participates in integrated care planning and service coordination activities as directed to improve and enhance service continuity and effectiveness for clients to include but not be inclusive of referrals to interagency programs if staff meets requirements of Qualified Mental Health Professional.
9. Meets regularly with the immediate supervisor as a means of enhancing professional growth, reviewing and processing the provision of case management services, and dealing with appropriate administrative issues.
10. Maintains close communication with psychiatrist and nursing for input regarding medication compliance, side effects of medication, and medication changes and alerts these members of the staff of any changes in client adjustment which might suggest decompensation and a need for more aggressive intervention.
11. Ability to meet the required 80 hours of face-to-face contact a month.
12. Ability to manage time appropriately (i.e. Outlook calendar updated) in order to effectively complete job requirements.
13. Turns in all required paperwork within a 48-hour timeframe as required.
14. Assessments are completed two weeks before expiration to meet contract measurement.
15. Meets with all assigned engagement customers per contract measure.
16. Maintains lines of communication, when applicable, to customers to help provide quality of service.
17. Ability to provide assistance to other team members to help promote a supportive, constructive, and solution-focused environment.
18. Able to complete all consent forms before expiration.
19. Avoid expiration of diagnosis of all assigned customers to circumvent lapse in service.
20. Attends and participates in all team meetings unless absence is approved by manager.
21. Complete non-clinical needs assessments of customers within 7 days of discharge from hospital.
22. Meet with new intakes within 7 days to provide case management services.
23. Maintain a 100% completion rate on all Relias trainings.
24. Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor which are consistent with the position and in compliance with agency policies and procedures.
25. Understand trauma informed services.
26. Understands the Three E's of trauma-informed care.
27. Understands the Four R's of trauma-informed care.
28. Understands the six key principles of trauma-informed care.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, and COMPETENCY:
General Competencies: Working knowledge of the nature of serious mental illness and related treatment modalities, interventions and techniques; of different types of assessments and their uses in recovery planning; of consumers' rights; of local community resources and service delivery systems such as housing, social, welfare, educational needs of client record documentation requirements; and of client services plan development and implementation.
1. Demonstrated ability to interview and assess clients, using appropriate assessment tools, and observe, record and report on an individual's functioning
2. Ability to read and understand assessments, evaluations, observation, and use in developing treatment plan
3. Ability to identify community resources and services for clients and coordinate provision of services
4. Establish effective working relationships with internal agency staff as well as with relevant community organizations.
5. Positive interaction with consumers and their families.
6. Exhibits cooperative teamwork with other staff to accomplish the efficient operation of the program.
7. Communicates effectively, verbally and in writing, maintains confidentiality, can work independently under general supervision.
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS AND MATERIALS
1. Computer, telephone, VCR, projectors, calculator, computer, fax machine, and copy machine are used in performance of essential job duties.
2. Various forms of paperwork are handled in performance of essential job duties.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in social, behavioral or human services or is a registered nurse. (Social, behavioral, and human services are: psychology; social work; medicine; nursing; rehabilitation; counseling; sociology; human development; physician's assistant; gerontology; education psychology; special education; early childhood intervention; or early childhood education.)
Preferred: At least six months experience in providing mental health services to adults, children and adolescents preferred.
DEGREE AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: BA/BS in field specified above or licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS and ENVIRONMENTAL CHECKLIST: Abilities required to perform the essential and marginal tasks of this job: Walking, operating office equipment, standing, operating motor vehicle, light lifting (under 15 lbs), sitting, ability to see, identify colors, twisting, light carrying (under 15 lbs), hearing (with aid), ability to write, climbing stairs, ability to count, ability to read, simple grasping, ability to tell time.
Work site and environmental conditions that apply to this job: Travel by car 50% of time, outside, inside, excessive heat, excessive humidity, slippery/uneven walking surfaces, working closely with others, working alone.
CRED/PRIV REQUIRED? Yes DRIVING REQUIRED: Yes
1. Interacts with employees' contractors, customers, community, family members, referral sources, governmental sponsoring and funding entities, program auditors, advocacy groups, and the media.
2. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
3. Work behavior must be compatible with Center value statement and Policies and Procedures contributing to an environment of problem solving, building trust, conflict resolution, and customer service. Ability to perform tasks effectively and efficiently.
4. Ability to plan and schedule work and implement directives without constant supervision.
5. Ability to present a professional appearance and conduct when representing the Center.
6. Ability to work cooperatively and productively with supervisor, individuals, co-workers, and groups of persons at all levels of activity, contributing to a strong spirit of teamwork.
7. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, other agencies and the general public using tact, courtesy and good judgment.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS OR CONDITIONS:
1. Current State of Texas Driver License or if you live in another state, must be currently licensed in that state. Liability insurance required.
2. Must be insurable by Center's liability carrier if employee operates a Center vehicle or drives personal car on Center business.
3. Good driving record as defined by Gulf Bend Center.
4. Must complete all CORE training requirements prior to the due date.
5. Must have computer experience to include: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Must have good organizational skills to achieve multiple deadlines. Ability to type 40 wpm.
6. Must maintain regular attendance and reliability which is critical to business operations. This is a fulltime position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm or agreed upon hours 100% of the time, to ensure consistency and completeness of program's processes. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Gulf Bend Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applied to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.