WORKSITE LOCATION: GBC Regional Plaza, 6502 Nursery Drive, Suite 100, Victoria TX 77904
PAY RANGE: $18.47 - $20.32 EEOC CODE: Professional FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SHIFT: Fulltime; primarily Monday thru Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in social, behavioral or human services or is a registered nurse. (Social, behavioral, and human services are: psychology; social work; medicine; nursing; rehabilitation; counseling; sociology; human development; physician's assistant; gerontology; education psychology; special education; early childhood intervention; or early childhood education.) One-year experience working in a multispecialty group practice or healthcare system preferably in behavioral health.
Preferred: At least six months experience in providing mental health services to adults, children and adolescents.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:1. Thorough understanding of Gulf Bend Center menu of services and all applicable intake procedures, requirements and understanding and explanation of paperwork (consents and customer handbooks), complete and submit documentation to the appropriate program within two business days, provide essential information to the appropriate staff.
2. Demonstrated ability to screen potential customers for Gulf Bend Center services and make recommendations for diagnostic assessments.
3. Responsible for completing required assessments and recovery plans when needed.
4. Responsible for completing financial assessment and communicating financial obligation of services if applicable.
5. Quickly, proactively, and effectively communicate with front desk team, business team, and program staff to stay on top of registration process; maintain awareness of current procedures for admitting individuals to services; ability to explain Gulf Bend intake procedures and all Gulf Bend services to potential customers, families or community partners.
6. Assist in monitoring and maintenance of waiting list as needed.
7. Assist with hospital follow up appointments as needed.
8. Must maintain regular and reliable attendance.
9. Complies with telework/remote agreement.
10. Uses the trauma informed care approach when providing services and working with others.
· Understands the Three E's of trauma-informed care.
· Understands the Four R's of trauma-informed care.
· Understands the six key principles of trauma-informed care.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS and ENVIRONMENTAL CHECKLIST: All abilities required to perform the essential and marginal tasks of this job: Walking, Operating office equipment, Standing, Operating motor vehicle, Light lifting, under 15 lbs., Sitting, Ability to see, Identify colors, Light carrying, under 15 lbs., Kneeling, Hearing (with aid), Ability to write, Ability to count, Ability to read, Simple grasping, and Ability to tell time
All work site and environmental conditions that apply to this job: Travel by car 10% of time, Outside, Inside, Working closely with others, and Working alone
CRED/PRIV REQUIRED? Yes DRIVING REQUIRED: Yes
OTHER REQUIREMENTS OR CONDITIONS:
1. Current State of Texas Driver License or if you live in another state, must be currently licensed in that state. Liability insurance required.
2. Must be insurable by Center's liability carrier if employee operates a Center vehicle or drives personal car on Center business.
3. Good driving record as defined by Gulf Bend Center.
4. Must complete all CORE training requirements prior to the due date.
5. Must have computer experience to include: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Must have good organizational skills to achieve multiple deadlines. Ability to type 40 wpm.
6. Must maintain regular attendance and reliability which is critical to business operations. This is a fulltime position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm or agreed upon hours 100% of the time, to ensure consistency and completeness of program's processes. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Gulf Bend Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applied to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.