WORKSITE LOCATION: Emergency Room Dept. (Counties include: Dewitt, Calhoun, Lavaca, Refugio, Jackson) and Gulf Bend Center (as needed)
EEOC CODE: Professional FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
SHIFT: Works Friday, Saturday, Sunday 12:00pm to 12:00am; Will work on weekdays on occasion.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas.
Preferred: Work experience in mental health preferred.
DEGREE AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
1. Must have knowledge of DSM V mental disorders
2. Links customers and/or their families to appropriate community resources.
3. Thoroughly completes a crisis log with supporting documentation.
4. Provides crisis services per HHSC contract, Medicaid Rule, and Center policy.
5. Completes all paperwork according to Medicaid Rule, HHSC Contract and Center Policy.
6. Demonstrates appropriate responsiveness to consumer needs as demonstrated by no legitimate consumer, collateral or co-worker complaints.
7. Submits documentation of services within two business days.
8. Completes CSSR-S and Safety plan.
9. Attends all required team meetings as scheduled by supervisor unless excused by supervisor.
10. Demonstrates an ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing 100% of the time.
11. Uses a computer and/or other technical devices to complete all work assignments.
12. Completes fleet checklist as required.
13. Demonstrates efficient time management as evidenced by meeting all job expectations.
14. Ability to identify the current mental health needs of an individual as urgent, emergent, or routine and respond appropriately.
15. Models professionalism by appropriate dress, language, ethics and work habits 100% of the time.
16. Responsible for completion of all required documentation in an efficient and timely manner.
17. Must be self-directed with sound judgment under stressful situations.
18. Complies with telework/remote agreement.
19. Must maintain regular and reliable attendance.
20. Uses the trauma informed care approach when providing services and working with others.
· Understands the Three E's of trauma-informed care.
· Understands the Four R's of trauma-informed care.
· Understands the six key principles of trauma-informed care.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS and ENVIRONMENTAL CHECKLIST: Abilities required to perform the essential and marginal tasks of this job: Light lifting, under 15lbs., light carrying, under 15 lbs., straight pulling, simple grasping, walking, standing, sitting, twisting, climbing stairs, operating office equipment, operating motor vehicle, ability to see, identify colors, write, count, read, and tell time, hearing (with aid).
Work site and environmental conditions that apply to this job: Travel by car 50% of time, outside, inside, excessive heat, excessive humidity, excessive noise/intermittent, slippery/uneven walking surfaces, working closely with others, working alone.
CRED/PRIV REQUIRED? Yes DRIVING REQUIRED: Yes
OTHER REQUIREMENTS OR CONDITIONS:
1. Current State of Texas Driver License or if you live in another state, must be currently licensed in that state. Liability insurance required.
2. Must be insurable by Center's liability carrier if employee operates a Center vehicle or drives personal car on Center business.
3. Good driving record as defined by Gulf Bend Center.
4. Must complete all CORE training requirements prior to the due date.
5. Must have computer experience to include: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Must have good organizational skills to achieve multiple deadlines. Ability to type 40 wpm.
6. Must maintain regular attendance and reliability which is critical to business operations. This is a fulltime position. Days and hours of work are Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, 12:00pm to 12:00am or agreed upon hours 100% of the time, to ensure consistency and completeness of program's processes. Evening and weekend work is required as job duties demand.
Gulf Bend Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applied to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.