WORKSITE LOCATION: Gulf Bend Regional Plaza, 6502 Nursery Drive, Suite 100, Victoria TX 77904
Competitive salary based on experience.
EEOC CODE: Professional FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
SHIFT: Fulltime; Monday thru Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm, some on-call shifts evenings or weekends
JOB PURPOSE: This position will provide services to individuals in the child and adolescent mental health program and crisis department. Provides case management, skills training, and medication training to children/adolescents with a serious emotional disturbance. Provides services to the primary caregiver or LAR. Services will be provided in the school, community and/or clinic. Is responsible for completing assessments, treatment planning, effective coordination of appropriate community services and crisis intervention. Acts as liaison between clients/families and service providers. Requires travel within the 7 counties. Meets multiple deadlines and reporting requirements.
Will provide crisis intervention services to reduce symptoms of severe and persistent mental illness or serious emotional disturbance and to prevent admission of an individual to a more restrictive environment. Will work in cooperation with family members and community organizations including, but not limited to law enforcement, hospital staff, and other community providers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
1. Completes TRR assessment and Recovery Plan in accordance with Center policy and HHSC Contract as verified by supervisory review.
2. Formulates a Recovery plan to identify the appropriate skill areas, frequency and duration of services to be provided in conjunction with the consumer/families and based upon the TRR assessment as verified by supervisory review.
3. Provides authorized services to consumers according to the treatment plan developed using independent clinical judgment to assess client need per supervisor review.
4. Provides ninety five percent (95%) of clinical services in the schools and /or consumers' natural environment per supervisor review.
5. Meets Center's productivity standards monthly per Program Director's review.
6. Links clients and/or their families to appropriate community resources as necessary.
7. Provides Patient and Family Education in accordance with TRR Fidelity per supervisory review.
8. Provides case management, skills training, and medication training in accordance with Medicaid Rule, HHSC Contract, and TRR Fidelity.
9. Demonstrates appropriate responsiveness to consumer needs as demonstrated by no legitimate consumer, collateral or co-worker complaints.
10. Submits treatment recommendations through Utilization Review based on medical necessity per supervisor review.
11. Attends all required team meetings as scheduled by supervisor unless excused by supervisor.
12. Demonstrates efficient time management as evidenced by meeting all job expectations.
13. Documents services collaboratively according to Medicaid Rule and HHSC Contract per supervisory review.
14. Completes all paperwork according to Medicaid Rule, HHSC Contract and Center Policy.
15. Submits documentation of services within two business days.
16. Responds to a crisis within contract timeframe of 1 hour.
17. Thoroughly completes a crisis log with supporting documentation.
18. Submits all documentation within center policy.
19. Provides crisis services per HHSC contract, Medicaid Rule, and Center policy.
20. Will complete 7 day follow up on hospital discharges per HHSC contract.
21. Will assist with intake screenings as needed. (22) Provides crisis services in the community, clinic, or local emergency room departments.
REPORTS TO: Crisis and Child & Adolescent Program Manager
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION REQUIRED: General
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, and COMPETENCY:
Trauma Informed Care:
Gulf Bend Center incorporates principals of trauma-informed care, which includes cultural sensitivity, in all areas of service delivery. All job descriptions include the responsibility to learn about and implement trauma-informed practices within the scope of work for the position.
Ability to analyze complex situations, ability to meet deadlines and goals, knowledge of state contracts and guidelines, organized, strong time management, detailed oriented, passionate about providing quality customer service, and ability to link customers to resources within Gulf Bend Center and the surrounding counties.
1. Critical Evaluation.
4. Thoroughness/Attention to Detail.
5. Time Management.
6. Excellent interpersonal skills.
7. Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
8. Excellent organizational skills.
9. Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
10. Must be able to gather and analyze information skillfully.
11. Ethical Conduct.
12. Exhibits cooperative teamwork with other staff to accomplish the efficient operation of the program by assisting coworkers, as necessary, to meet client needs and contract requirements with no verified complaints.
13. Models professionalism by appropriate dress, language, ethics and work habits 100% of the time.
14. Demonstrates an ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing 100% of the time.
15. Uses a computer and other technical devices to complete all work assignments.
16. Accomplishes 95% of assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
17. Uses sound judgment in the release of information as evidenced by lack of complaints or consumer rights findings.
18. Completes fleet checklist as required. Reports all fleet problems directly to the Program Director within 24 hours of identifying problem.
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS AND MATERIALS
1. Computer, telephone, VCR, projectors, calculator, computer, fax machine, and copy machine are used in performance of essential job duties.
2. Various forms of paperwork are handled in performance of essential job duties.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Required: A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in social, behavioral or human services or is a registered nurse. (Social, behavioral, and human services are: psychology; social work; medicine; nursing; rehabilitation; counseling; sociology; human development; physician's assistant; gerontology; education psychology; special education; early childhood intervention; or early childhood education.) Knowledge of DSM-IV/V disorders useful.
Preferred: At least six months experience in providing mental health services to adults, children and adolescents.
DEGREE AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRED (IF APPLICABLE):
1. BA/BS in field specified above or licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS and ENVIRONMENTAL CHECKLIST:
Abilities required to perform the essential and marginal tasks of this job: Walking, operating office equipment, standing, operating motor vehicle, light lifting under 15 lbs, sitting, ability to see, identify colors, twisting, light carrying under 15 lbs, hearing (with aid), straight pulling, ability to write, climbing stairs, ability to count, ability to read, simple grasping, ability to tell time.
Work site and environmental conditions that apply to this job: Travel by car 50% of time, excessive noise/intermittent, outside, inside, excessive heat, excessive humidity, slippery/uneven walking surfaces, working closely with others, working alone.
CRED/PRIV REQUIRED? Yes DRIVING REQUIRED: Yes
1. Interacts with employees, contractors, customers, community, consumers, family members, referral sources, governmental sponsoring and funding entities, program auditors, advocacy groups, general public, outside agencies, school systems, and the media.
2. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
3. Work behavior must be compatible with Center value statement and Policies and Procedures contributing to an environment of problem solving, building trust, conflict resolution, and customer service. Ability to perform tasks effectively and efficiently.
4. Ability to plan and schedule work and implement directives without constant supervision.
5. Ability to present a professional appearance and conduct when representing the Center.
6. Ability to work cooperatively and productively with supervisor, individuals, co-workers, and groups of persons at all levels of activity, contributing to a strong spirit of teamwork.
7. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, other agencies and the general public using tact, courtesy and good judgment.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS OR CONDITIONS:
1. Current State of Texas Driver License or if you live in another state, must be currently licensed in that state. Liability insurance required.
2. Must be insurable by Center's liability carrier if employee operates a Center vehicle or drives personal car on Center business.
3. Good driving record as defined by Gulf Bend Center.
4. Must complete all CORE training requirements prior to the due date.
5. Must have computer experience to include: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Must have good organizational skills to achieve multiple deadlines. Ability to type 40 wpm.
6. Must maintain regular attendance and reliability which is critical to business operations. This is a fulltime position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm or agreed upon hours 100% of the time, to ensure consistency and completeness of program's processes. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Gulf Bend Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applied to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.