WORKSITE LOCATION: Gulf Bend Regional Plaza, 6502 Nursery Drive, Suite 100, Victoria TX 77904
PAY RANGE: $15.00 - $16.50 EEOC CODE: Clerical FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SHIFT: Fulltime; Monday thru Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm, rotating schedule for clinics
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Preferred: One-year experience working in a multispecialty group practice or healthcare system.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
1. Welcoming to customers, visitors, and all staff.
2. Thorough understanding of Gulf Bend Center operations and menu of services and all applicable intake procedures.
3. Ability to explain menu of services and related paperwork (consents and customer handbooks).
4. Ensure customer information is up-to-date and accurate.
5. Ability to educate customers on insurance coverage and related information, balances due, and other financial information.
6. Ability to identify a crisis situation and facilitate an appropriate response.
7. Quickly, proactively and effectively communicate with registration team, business team and program staff to stay on top of registration process.
8. Maintain awareness of waitlist, capacity and requirements.
9. Collect payments when applicable.
10. Provide empathetic guidance, problem solving, support, and assistance to all customers and program staff.
11. Some travel to other locations could be necessary.
12. Must maintain regular and reliable attendance.
13. Complies with telework/remote agreement.
14. Uses the trauma informed care approach when providing services and working with others.
· Understands the Three E's of trauma-informed care.
· Understands the Four R's of trauma-informed care.
· Understands the six key principles of trauma-informed care.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS and ENVIRONMENTAL CHECKLIST:
All abilities required to perform the essential and marginal tasks of this job: Walking, Operating office equipment, Standing, Light lifting, under 15 lbs, Sitting, Ability to see, Identify colors, Light carrying, under 15 lbs, Hearing (with aid), Straight pulling, Ability to write, Ability to count, Ability to read, Simple grasping, and Ability to tell time
All work site and environmental conditions that apply to this job: Excessive noise/intermittent, Inside, Working closely with others, and Working alone
CRED/PRIV REQUIRED? No DRIVING REQUIRED: No
OTHER REQUIREMENTS OR CONDITIONS:
1. Current State of Texas Driver License or if you live in another state, must be currently licensed in that state. Liability insurance required.
2. Must be insurable by Center's liability carrier if employee operates a Center vehicle or drives personal car on Center business.
3. Good driving record as defined by Gulf Bend Center.
4. Must complete all CORE training requirements prior to the due date.
5. Must have computer experience to include: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Must have good organizational skills to achieve multiple deadlines. Ability to type 40 wpm.
6. Must maintain regular attendance and reliability which is critical to business operations. This is a fulltime position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm or agreed upon hours 100% of the time, to ensure consistency and completeness of program's processes. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Gulf Bend Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applied to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.