WORKSITE LOCATION:GBC 6502 Nursery Drive, Victoria, TX or possible Remote Work.
EEOC CODE: Professional FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SHIFT: Fulltime; Monday thru Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm, some on-call shifts evenings or weekends
REPORTS TO: Chief Business Services Officer
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION REQUIRED: General
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in data processing, data-base programming, computer science, business, or a related field is generally preferred. At least one year of experience in computer programming work. Experience and education may be substituted for one another.
Preferred: Demonstrated experience in coding Microsoft SQL, SQL Server, Visual Studio, dotNET and Crystal Reports. Clinical services background and understanding is helpful.
DEGREE AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: BS/BBA-Data Processing, DB Programming, Computer Science, Business, or related field.
JOB PURPOSE: This position will perform advanced computer programming and systems analysis work for a Behavioral Health, Medical organization. Work involves the workflows, designs, and maintenance of computer database systems so that users have access to the information needed to successfully conduct their work and manage the organization. Work involves extensive use of SQL, planning, analyzing user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processing or to improve existing systems. Work involves cross-functional support of all Information Technology to include servers and network. Works under minimal direction with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
2. Writing and enhancing reports based on users and managers' organizational needs.
3. Update documentation and operating manuals.
4. Identifies database requirements by interviewing customers (users, stakeholders), analyzing department applications, programming, and operations, evaluating existing systems and designing proposed systems.
5. Maintains compliance with state and federal contracts by advising on and configuring the EHR systems mapping of data for appropriate exporting and importing.
6. Recommends solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data back-up and recovery specifications.
7. Installs revised or new systems by proposing specifications and flowcharts; recommending optimum access techniques; coordinating installation requirements.
8. Maintains database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters; implementing new releases; completing maintenance requirements; evaluating computer operating systems and hardware products.
9. Prepares users by conducting training; providing information; resolving problems.
10. Provides information by answering questions and requests.
11. Supports database functions by designing and coding utilities.
12. Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
13. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
14. Provide cross-functional support to other technical and Information Technology staff in the general maintenance of the organization's infrastructure to include server, network, phone and general software support systems.
15. Must maintain regular and reliable attendance.
16. Uses the trauma informed care approach when providing services and working with others.
· Understands the Three E's of trauma-informed care.
· Understands the Four R's of trauma-informed care.
· Understands the six key principles of trauma-informed care.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, and COMPETENCY:
1. Knowledge of the limitations and capabilities of computer systems, of the techniques used in the design of non-automated systems, of information technology equipment, of applicable programming languages, of computer hardware and software, of computer operating systems, of writing program code, and of automated mapping.
2. Skill in coordinating and solving problems; in developing or revising program code; in scheduling, testing, installing, and implementing programs; and in troubleshooting computer systems.
3. Ability to analyze systems and procedures; to write and revise standards and procedures; to handle multiple projects; to communicate effectively. Must have good organizational skills to achieve multiple deadlines.
A trauma-informed approach to care "realizes the widespread impact of trauma and understands potential paths for recovery; recognizes the signs and symptoms of trauma in clients, families, staff, and others involved in the system; and responds by fully integrating knowledge about trauma into policies, procedures, and practices, and seeks to actively resist re-traumatization." The six key principles of a trauma-informed approach include: safety; trustworthiness and transparency; peer support; collaboration and mutuality; empowerment, voice and choice; and cultural, historical and gender issues (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration ).
· The Three E's of Trauma: Events, Experiences, and Effects.
· The Four R's: Key Assumptions in a Trauma Informed Approach - Realization, Recognize, Respond, Resist Re-traumatization.
1. Computer, telephone, communications, projectors, calculator, computer, fax machine, and copy machine are used in performance of essential job duties.
2. Various forms of paperwork are handled in performance of essential job duties.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS and ENVIRONMENTAL CHECKLIST: Abilities required to perform the essential and marginal tasks of this job: Walking, operating office equipment, moderate lifting (15-44 lbs), standing, operating motor vehicle, sitting, ability to see, identify colors, moderate carrying (15-44 lbs), hearing (with aid), straight pulling, ability to write, ability to count, ability to read, simple grasping, ability to tell time.
Work site and environmental conditions that apply to this job: Travel by car 10% of time, inside, long or irregular work hours, working closely with others, working alone.
CRED/PRIV REQUIRED? No DRIVING REQUIRED: Yes
OTHER REQUIREMENTS OR CONDITIONS:
2. Must be insurable by Center's liability carrier if employee operates a Center vehicle or drives personal car on Center business.
3. Good driving record as defined by Gulf Bend Center.
4. Must complete all CORE training requirements prior to the due date.
5. Must have computer experience to include: SQL, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Must have good organizational skills to achieve multiple deadlines. Ability to type 40 wpm.
6. Must maintain regular attendance and reliability which is critical to business operations. This is a fulltime position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm or agreed upon hours 100% of the time, to ensure consistency and completeness of program's processes. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. This position is designated as an allowable Remote/Home-Site type position. If living within 25 miles of GBC's main offices, employee may be expected to be available in office more frequently than if employee lives more than 25 miles from GBC's main offices.
Gulf Bend Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applied to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.