WORKSITE LOCATION: Gulf Bend Regional Plaza, 6502 Nursery Drive, Suite 100, Victoria TX 77904
PAY GRADE: 11/$14.26 EEOC CODE: FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SHIFT: Fulltime; Monday thru Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm, some on-call shifts evenings or weekends
JOB PURPOSE: This position will perform general/basic building and grounds maintenance duties and fleet vehicle management. Work includes basic repairs such as patching and painting drywall, changing light bulbs and ceiling tiles, basic plumbing repairs, fleet coordination, light landscaping maintenance, minor/routine HVAC maintenance/repair, and other duties necessary to keep facilities attractive and maintained to company standards.
1. Perform basic electrical, carpentry, plumbing, sheetrock and painting tasks and repairs as requested by property manager or maintenance supervisor within a reasonable amount of time, dependent on the situation.
2. Assist in maintaining buildings, grounds and/or equipment at various sites of the organization (must be able to identify projects requiring a higher skilled craftsperson)
3. Maintains the Wellness Community buildings, grounds and/or equipment by performing a monthly check of apartments, appliances, furniture, and assures that any needed repairs are addressed in a timely manner.
4. Helps with removal or replacement of worn bedding or furniture at the Wellness Community.
5. Maintains Wellness Center grounds by performing trash collection and ant control at least weekly.
6. Light yard maintenance and trimming of plants/shrubs at the Wellness Community.
7. Perform minor repairs such as troubleshooting and adjustment of locks on cabinets, doors and desks
8. Performs monthly check for damage and cleaning of Air Conditioning PTAC unit's filters and repairs needed.
9. Relocate, set up, and break down furniture as needed
10. Manage maintenance schedule for automobile fleet
11. Reviews the fleet inspection pre/post checklist on a daily basis.
12. Checks fleet for flat tires and has repaired as needed.
13. Perform regular inspections and minor building repairs at various facilities
14. Keep buildings and grounds free of debris
15. Report progress on general work assignments, coordinate assigned projects, and maintain maintenance records
16. Weekly inspection of Gulf Bend Regional Plaza for toilet issues, water leaks, continuous flow, cracked toilet seats, burned out light bulbs, door closures, doorknobs, slamming doors, etc.
17. Perform other related work as assigned.
18. Understand trauma informed services.
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Supervisor
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION REQUIRED: General
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, and COMPETENCY:
Trauma-informed: A trauma-informed approach to care "realizes the widespread impact of trauma and understands potential paths for recovery; recognizes the signs and symptoms of trauma in clients, families, staff, and others involved in the system; and responds by fully integrating knowledge about trauma into policies, procedures, and practices, and seeks to actively resist re-traumatization." The six key principles of a trauma-informed approach include: safety; trustworthiness and transparency; peer support; collaboration and mutuality; empowerment, voice and choice; and cultural, historical and gender issues.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
1. Understands trauma-informed services.
2. Understands the Three E's of trauma-informed care.
3. Understands the Four R's of trauma-informed care.
4. Understands the six key principles of trauma-informed care.
1. Must be a self-starter/motivated, and dependable.
2. Ability to listen and follow directions/instructions.
3. Ability to problem solve and provide solutions.
4. Must be organized and able to follow schedules/calendars for assigned projects.
5. Ability to use various power and hand tools.
6. Basic knowledge of building and equipment maintenance/repair techniques.
7. Basic knowledge to keep an automobile safely operating, (i.e., tires, fluid levels, wiper blades, etc.).
8. Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
9. Ability to use e-mail and other software used for tracking purposes.
10. Ability to travel within our catchment area and occasional out of town travel.
11. Ability to perform a variety of physical tasks associated with the work.
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS AND MATERIALS
1. Computer, telephone, VCR, projectors, calculator, computer, fax machine, and copy machine are used in performance of essential job duties.
2. Various forms of paperwork are handled in performance of essential job duties.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: High School Diploma or GED.
Preferred: Two (2) years of general maintenance and repair experience; or, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been attained.
DEGREE AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: N/A
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS and ENVIRONMENTAL CHECKLIST: Abilities required to perform the essential and marginal tasks of this job: Walking, operating office equipment, moderate lifting (15-50 lbs), standing, operating motor vehicle, sitting, ability to see, crawling, identify colors, moderate carrying (15-50 lbs), twisting, kneeling, hearing (with aid), straight pulling, pushing, pulling hand over hand, stooping, ability to write, repeated bending, climbing stairs, ability to count, reaching above shoulder, climbing ladders, ability to read, simple grasping, operating mechanical equipment, ability to tell time, dual simultaneous grasping.
Work site and environmental conditions that apply to this job: Travel by car 20% of time, fumes, smoke or gases, outside, dust, inside, working on ladders or scaffolding, excessive heat, excessive cold, vibration, excessive humidity, slippery/uneven walking surfaces, working closely with others, working around moving objects or vehicles, working alone.
CRED/PRIV REQUIRED? No DRIVING REQUIRED: Yes
OTHER REQUIREMENTS OR CONDITIONS:
Gulf Bend Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applied to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.