POSITION TITLE: PASRR Independent Living Skills Specialist
WORKSITE LOCATION: Gulf Bend Regional Plaza, 6502 Nursery Dr. Ste. 100, Victoria TX 77904
Competitive salary based on experience: Pay Grade: 6, minimum: $ 10.17/hour
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
1. Pre-admission Screening and Resident Review (PASRR) is a federally mandated program.
2. PASRR Independent Living Skills Specialist (ILSS) is to ensure that any individual with active Medicaid currently living in a Medicaid-certified nursing facility that has been screened and determined to have a qualifying intellectual disability and/or developmental disability is provided ISL when the service is discussed during service planning team meetings and are active participants in implantation of these plans.
3. Duties include but are not limited to completing assessments that assist in determining services that the individual is eligible to receive, provide education about inclusive community options for the individual and families, and to assist as needed to arrange community services event participation outside the nursing facilities.
4. ILSS is responsible for meeting with the individual at least monthly, or more often as determined, at the nursing facility as well as contacting nursing facility staff, family, or other collateral to aide in the provision of service and developing person-centered plans of care.
5. Needs the ability to work with diverse consumers on a cross disabilities basis and understand their independent living needs, to find resources in the community for referrals, develop and maintain relationships with community organizations and consumers to expand opportunities for community connections, and document all community service activities and work with the Habilitation Coordinator to ensure outcomes are met.
6. Will provide supervision, training, guidance and modeling behavior to individuals. Training in the areas of socialization, language/communications, self-help, recreation and support activities; role modeling of good personal hygiene and clothing choices; training in money management, safety, cleaning, grocery shopping, and community inclusion.
7. Completes all documentation related to services provided within 48 hours.
REPORTS TO: Director of IDD Authority Services; PASRR Manager
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION REQUIRED: General
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, and COMPETENCY:
Trauma Informed Care:
Gulf Bend Center incorporates principles of trauma-informed care, which includes cultural sensitivity, in all areas of service delivery. All job descriptions include the responsibility to learn about and implement trauma-informed practices within the scope of work for the position.
General working knowledge of Windows programs to maintain a calendar and spreadsheets. Must have good organizational skills to achieve multiple deadlines and be able to manage a self-directed schedule.
1. Critical Evaluation.
4. Thoroughness/Attention to Detail.
5. Time Management.
6. Excellent interpersonal skills.
7. Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
8. Excellent organizational skills.
9. Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
10. Must be able to gather and analyze information skillfully.
11. Ethical Conduct.
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS AND MATERIALS
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Required: High School diploma or GED.
Preferred: At least six months experience in providing IDD services to adults, children or adolescents.
DEGREE AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRED (IF APPLICABLE): n/a
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS and ENVIORNMENTAL CHECKLIST: Walking, operating office equipment, moderate lifting, 15-44 lbs, standing, operating motor vehicle, light lifting, under 15 lbs, sitting, ability to see, identify colors, moderate carrying, 15-44 lbs, twisting, depth perception needed, light carrying, under 15 lbs, hearing (with aid), hearing (without aid), ability to write, climbing stairs, ability to count, reaching above shoulder, ability to read, simple grasping, ability to tell time, dual simultaneous grasping.
Work site and environmental conditions that apply to this job: Travel by car 50% of time, outside, inside, long or irregular work hours, slippery/uneven walking surfaces, working closely with others, working alone.
CRED/PRIV REQUIRED? Yes DRIVING REQUIRED: Yes
1. Interacts with employees' contractors, customers, community, family members, referral sources, governmental sponsoring and funding entities, program auditors, advocacy groups, and the media.
2. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
3. Work behavior must be compatible with Center value statement and Policies and Procedures contributing to an environment of problem solving, building trust, conflict resolution, and customer service. Ability to perform tasks effectively and efficiently.
4. Ability to plan and schedule work and implement directives without constant supervision.
5. Ability to present a professional appearance and conduct when representing the Center.
6. Ability to work cooperatively and productively with supervisor, individuals, co-workers, and groups of persons at all levels of activity, contributing to a strong spirit of teamwork.
7. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, other agencies and the general public using tact, courtesy and good judgment.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS OR CONDITIONS:
1. Current State of Texas Driver License or if you live in another state, must be currently licensed in that state. Liability insurance required.
2. Must be insurable by Center's liability carrier if employee operates a Center vehicle or drives personal car on Center business.
3. Must have computer experience to include, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Must have good organizational skills to achieve multiple deadlines.
4. Must maintain regular attendance and reliability are critical to business operations. This is a full-time position. days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or agreed upon hours 100% of the time, to ensure consistency and completeness of program's processes. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Gulf Bend Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.