WORKSITE LOCATION: Gulf Bend Regional Plaza, 6502 Nursery Drive, Suite 100, Victoria TX 77904
PAY GRADE: 16 EEOC CODE: Professional FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
SHIFT: Fulltime; Monday through Friday 8am - 5pm, with rotating on-call shifts that cover evenings, nights, and weekends
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Required: A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in social, behavioral or human services or is a registered nurse. (Social, behavioral, and human services are: psychology; social work; medicine; nursing; rehabilitation; counseling; sociology; human development; physician's assistant; gerontology; education psychology; special education; early childhood intervention; or early childhood education.) Knowledge of DSM V mental disorders. At least 1-year experience providing mental health services preferably crisis services to adults, children, and adolescents.
DEGREE AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRED (IF APPLICABLE):
1. BA/BS in field specified above or licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas.
This position will act as the Team Lead for the Mobile Crisis Outreach Team (MCOT). Will provide initial and ongoing training/coaching to the team with clinical oversight from Program Manager. Will work in conjunction with Program Manager to conduct audits; participate in interview process; assist with program planning; facilitates team meetings. Works as a team member of the Crisis Team and will provide crisis intervention services to individuals in a crisis. Will assist with and/or complete emergency warrants as necessary. Will participate in after hour on call rotation. Will provide clinical oversight to MCOT. Responsible for completing monthly on call rotation schedule. Responsible for daily reporting requirements for PPB contract. Responsible for monitoring PPB/PESC utilization and following contract guidelines with oversight from Program Manager. Meets multiple deadlines and reporting requirements. May perform other work duties as assigned by Program Manager. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Program Manager with considerable latitude for the exercise of discretion and independent judgment. Requires travel within Gulf Bend Centers' 7 county catchment area. Uses a trauma informed care approach when providing services and working with others.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
2. Conducts audits to ensure compliance according to HHSC contract, Medicaid Rule, and Center policy and reports all audit findings to Program Manager.
3. Provides clinical support and guidance to team members (scheduled or as needed) per supervisory oversight.
4. Facilitates team meetings as directed by Program Manager.
5. Participates in the interview/selection process of new employees for the Mobile Crisis Outreach Team.
6. Assists crisis team members with treatment recommendations.
7. Assists with program planning and development as delegated by Program Manager.
8. Provides oversight and approval of team member's timesheets, leave requests, and schedules.
9. Performs team/staff evaluations and performance appraisals when due.
10. Responsible for completing monthly on call rotation schedule.
11. Responsible for daily reporting requirements for PPB contract.
12. Responsible for monitoring PPB/PESC utilization and following contract guidelines.
13. May perform other work duties as assigned by Program Manager.
14. Uses a trauma informed care approach when providing services and working with others.
REPORTS TO: Program Manager - Crisis Services
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION REQUIRED:General
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, and COMPETENCY:
Trauma-informed: A trauma-informed approach to care "realizes the widespread impact of trauma and understands potential paths for recovery; recognizes the signs and symptoms of trauma in clients, families, staff, and others involved in the system; and responds by fully integrating knowledge about trauma into policies, procedures, and practices, and seeks to actively resist re-traumatization." The six key principles of a trauma-informed approach include: safety; trustworthiness and transparency; peer support; collaboration and mutuality; empowerment, voice and choice; and cultural, historical and gender issues.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
1. Understands trauma-informed services.
2. Understands the Three E's of trauma-informed care.
3. Understands the Four R's of trauma-informed care.
4. Understands the six key principles of trauma-informed care.
1. Must have computer experience to include Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
2. Must have good organizational skills to achieve multiple deadlines.
3. Must communicate effectively both orally and written.
4. Responsible for completion of all required documentation in an efficient and timely manner.
5. Strong decision making and organizational skills are required.
6. Must be self-directed with sound judgment under stressful situations.
7. Exhibits cooperative teamwork and models professionalism by appropriate dress, language, ethics and work habits.
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS AND MATERIALS
1. Computer, telephone, projectors, calculator, printer, fax machine, and copy machine are used in performance of essential job duties.
2. Various forms of paperwork are handled in performance of essential job duties.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS and ENVIRONMENTAL CHECKLIST: Abilities required to perform the essential and marginal tasks of this job: Walking, operating office equipment, standing, operating motor vehicle, light lifting (under 15 lbs), sitting, ability to see, identify colors, light carrying (under 15 lbs), hearing (with aid), straight pulling, ability to write, ability to count, ability to read, simple grasping, ability to tell time.
Work site and environmental conditions that apply to this job: Travel by car 20% of time, outside, inside, long or irregular work hours, working closely with others, working alone.
CRED/PRIV REQUIRED? Yes DRIVING REQUIRED: Yes
1. Interacts with employees' contractors, customers, community, family members, referral sources, governmental sponsoring and funding entities, program auditors, advocacy groups, and the media.
2. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
3. Work behavior must be compatible with Center value statement and Policies and Procedures contributing to an environment of problem solving, building trust, conflict resolution, and customer service. Ability to perform tasks effectively and efficiently.
4. Ability to plan and schedule work and implement directives without constant supervision.
5. Ability to present a professional appearance and conduct when representing the Center.
6. Ability to work cooperatively and productively with supervisor, individuals, co-workers, and groups of persons at all levels of activity, contributing to a strong spirit of teamwork.
7. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, other agencies and the general public using tact, courtesy and good judgment.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS OR CONDITIONS:
2. Must be insurable by Center's liability carrier if employee operates a Center vehicle or drives personal car on Center business.
3. Good driving record as defined by Gulf Bend Center.
4. Must complete all CORE training requirements prior to the due date.
5. Must have computer experience to include: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Must have good organizational skills to achieve multiple deadlines. Ability to type 40 wpm.
6. Must maintain regular attendance and reliability which is critical to business operations. This is a fulltime position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm or agreed upon hours 100% of the time, to ensure consistency and completeness of program's processes. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Gulf Bend Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applied to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.