WORKSITE LOCATION: Gulf Bend Regional Plaza, 6502 Nursery Drive, Suite 100, Victoria TX 77904; community
PAY RANGE: $18.47 - $20.32 EEOC CODE: Professional FLSA STATUS: Non-ExemptSHIFT: Fulltime; Monday thru Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm with some variation to meet job requirements and customer needs
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: A bachelor's or advanced degree from an accredited college or university -or- an associate degree in a social, behavioral, human service, or health-related field including psychology, social work, medicine, nursing, rehabilitation, counseling, sociology, human development, gerontology, educational psychology, education, or criminal justice -or- a high school diploma or a certificate recognized by a state as the equivalent of a high school diploma and two years of paid or unpaid experience with individuals with intellectual or developmental disabilities.
Preferred: At least six months experience in providing mental health or intellectual disability services to adults, children, or adolescents.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
1. Meets with the Service Planning Team (SPT) and collaborates with provider agencies and community/local resources, both traditional and non-traditional, to develop the Person-Directed Plan (PDP) to support the customer in achieving a quality of life and community participation acceptable to the customer/Legally Authorized Representative (LAR) as determined by supervisory review of PDPs and progress notes.
2. Utilizes the Discovery Tool and Person-Centered skills to develop person-centered outcomes with the customer/LAR and a PDP of services and supports 100% of the time. Discovery is documented in progress notes and/or the PDP.
3. Ensures the provision of service coordination according to the Service Coordination Texas Administrative Code (TAC).
4. Crisis Prevention & Management: Provides crisis prevention and management by linking and assisting the customer/LAR or actively involved person to secure services and supports that will enable them to prevent or manage a crisis as determined by no verified complaints, as well as supervisory review of progress notes.
5. Monitoring: Monitors all waiver, non-waiver, and CFC services on the PDP to ensure that the customer receives needed services (delivery), evaluate the effectiveness and adequacy of services (satisfaction), and ensure identified outcomes are meeting the customer's needs and desires (progress/lack of progress) as indicated by the customer/LAR or actively involved person determined by supervisory review of the PDP and progress notes.
6. Assessment: Identifies the customer's needs and desires, and the services and supports that address those needs/desires as they relate to the nature of the customer's presenting problem and disability as determined by supervisory review of the PDP and progress notes.
7. Service Planning and Coordination: Provides service planning and coordination by identifying person-directed outcomes and arranging needed services and supports, by advocating and collaborating with other agencies. Service planning and coordination is centered on linking customers with outcome-focused services and supports that address customers' needs and desires as indicated by the customer/LAR or actively involved person as determined by supervisory review of the PDP and progress notes.
8. Possesses organizational skills and acts proactively to coordinate contacts; demonstrates flexibility with daily travel and scheduling. No verified complaints from customers/LARs, actively involved persons, or provider agencies regarding availability.
9. Monitors the delivery of and customer/LAR satisfaction with all TxHmL waiver services, non-waiver services, and CFC services and reports progress/lack of progress from the perspective of the customer/LAR made on all outcomes included on the PDP every 90 days 100% of the time.
10. Informs all customers of the right to participate in the CDS option at least annually; completes required CDS Forms (1581-1584) and ensures copies are filed in customer charts.
11. Completes CFC PAS/HAB assessment Form (8510) prior to Annual Renewal Meeting and as needed for all customers receiving CFC PAS/HAB Services. Ensures copy is filed in customer chart.12. Schedules and facilitates Annual Renewal Meeting within required time frame prior to the IPC end date.
13. Completes the IPC during the Annual Renewal Meeting, providing justification for units requested.
14. Ensures that IPC, ID/RC, and ICAP are renewed within the required time frame, and that current copies are filed in customer charts.
15. Provides customers/LARs with an oral and written explanation of rights at least annually, when necessary, requested, or due to changes in legal status or revisions of HHSC documents. Ensures necessary forms/documents are filed in customer charts. 16. Facilitates transfers, suspensions, and terminations in accordance with TAC and Center policies. 17. Makes a minimum of one (1) face-to-face contact with customers to provide one or more of the four components of Service Coordination and three (3) subsequent contacts with customers or collateral for all assigned customers every month.
15. Provides customers/LARs with an oral and written explanation of rights at least annually, when necessary, requested, or due to changes in legal status or revisions of HHSC documents. Ensures necessary forms/documents are filed in customer charts.
16. Facilitates transfers, suspensions, and terminations in accordance with TAC and Center policies.
17. Makes a minimum of one (1) face-to-face contact with customers to provide one or more of the four components of Service Coordination and three (3) subsequent contacts with customers or collateral for all assigned customers every month.
18. Completes thorough and accurate contact documentation in the Center's Electronic Health Record (EHR) within two business days at least 95% of the time.19. Completes thorough and accurate revisions of the PDP and IPC as needed in the Center's EHR within the required timeframe. Ensures evidence of customer/LAR and SPT involvement (signatures) is filed in customer charts.
20. Submits all required documentation to provider agencies within the required timeframe. Ensures proof of documentation sharing is filed in customer charts.21. Demonstrates appropriate responsiveness to customer/LAR and provider needs as demonstrated by no legitimate customer, collateral, co-worker, or provider complaints.
22. Maintains accurate spreadsheets tracking monthly contacts and deadlines related to Annual Renewal Meetings, IPCs, ID/RCs, and other job-related criteria as directed by supervisor.
23. Must maintain regular and reliable attendance.
24. Complies with telework/remote agreement.
25. Uses the trauma informed care approach when providing services and working with others.
· Understands the Three E's of trauma-informed care.
· Understands the Four R's of trauma-informed care.
· Understands the six key principles of trauma-informed care.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CHECKLIST:
All abilities required to perform the essential and marginal tasks of this job: Walking, Operating office equipment, Standing, Operating motor vehicle, Light lifting, under 15 lbs., Sitting, Ability to see, Light carrying, under 15 lbs., Hearing (with aid), Straight pulling, Ability to write, Ability to count, Ability to read, Simple grasping, and Ability to tell time
All work site and environmental conditions that apply to this job: Travel by car 35-50% of time, Outside, Inside, Working closely with others, and Working alone
CRED/PRIV REQUIRED? Yes DRIVING REQUIRED: Yes
OTHER REQUIREMENTS OR CONDITIONS:
1. Current State of Texas Driver License or if you live in another state, must be currently licensed in that state. Liability insurance required.
2. Must be insurable by Center's liability carrier if employee operates a Center vehicle or drives personal car on Center business.
3. Good driving record as defined by Gulf Bend Center.
4. Must complete all CORE training requirements prior to the due date.
5. Must have computer experience to include: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Must have good organizational skills to achieve multiple deadlines. Ability to type 40 wpm.
6. Must maintain regular attendance and reliability which is critical to business operations. This is a fulltime position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm with some variation/flexibility to meet job requirements and customer needs to ensure consistency and completeness of program's processes. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Gulf Bend Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applied to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.