WORKSITE LOCATION: Gulf Bend Regional Plaza, 6502 Nursery Drive, Suite 100, Victoria TX 77904
PAY RANGE: $36,337 - $39,977 EEOC CODE: Professional FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SHIFT: Fulltime; Monday thru Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm, some on-call shifts evenings or weekends
REPORTS TO: Team Lead, Community Response Team (CRT)
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION REQUIRED: General
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university preferably social work, behavioral or human services.
Preferred: Work experience in mental health preferred; experience working within jail setting.
DEGREE AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: BA/BS in field specified above.
JOB PURPOSE: Case Manager - Continuity of Care (COC) will provide continuity of care services for individuals released from the criminal justice system within the Center's service area to ensure that mental health needs continue to be met upon return to the community. Services will be provided in the community, clinic, and/or jail setting. Is responsible for completing screenings, assessments, effective coordination of appropriate community services and linking to available community resources. Works closely with the criminal justice system and acts as liaison to work in cooperation with community organizations including, but not limited to law enforcement and other community providers. May require travel within the 7 counties. Meets multiple deadlines and reporting requirements. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Team Lead for Community Response Team with considerable latitude for the exercise of discretion and independent judgment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
1. Responds to referrals from the six surrounding county jails within 2 business days.
2. Identifies if inmate is admitted to GBC per clinical system.
3. Assesses inmate to identify current needs.
4. Provides follow up as needed while detained in jail.
5. Documents daily in spreadsheet to track the number of inmates and outcome of visit.
6. Effectively communicates with case managers on all current GBC clients that are receiving COC services in jail.
7. Provides follow up in the community when inmates are released.
8. Coordinates with jail staff for visits with inmates and release date.
9. Participates in Collaborative Meetings and has data prepared as needed.
10. Meets with community outreach providers to build relationships and educate on COC services.
11. Coordinates and links individual to community supports and services to meet their needs.
12. Answers inquiries by providing accurate and appropriate responses in writing, via e-mail or telephonic.
13. Responds to court ordered assessments and thoroughly completes crisis assessment with supporting documentation and submits back to magistrate within timeframe.
14. Must maintain regular and reliable attendance.
15. Uses the trauma informed care approach when providing services and working with others.
· Understands the Three E's of trauma-informed care.
· Understands the Four R's of trauma-informed care.
· Understands the six key principles of trauma-informed care.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, and COMPETENCY:
1. Must communicate effectively both orally and in writing with legible handwriting.
2. Required to track and meet multiple deadlines.
3. Responsible for completion of all required documentation in an efficient and timely manner.
4. Ability to work closely as a team member with other professionals and/or families in planning and service implementation is required.
5. Understanding of and ability to access community resources on behalf of others helpful.
6. Strong decision making, and organizational skills are required.
7. Must be self-directed with sound judgment under stressful situations.
8. Must have computer experience to include, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
A trauma-informed approach to care "realizes the widespread impact of trauma and understands potential paths for recovery; recognizes the signs and symptoms of trauma in clients, families, staff, and others involved in the system; and responds by fully integrating knowledge about trauma into policies, procedures, and practices, and seeks to actively resist re-traumatization." The six key principles of a trauma-informed approach include: safety; trustworthiness and transparency; peer support; collaboration and mutuality; empowerment, voice and choice; and cultural, historical and gender issues (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration ).
· The Three E's of Trauma: Events, Experiences, and Effects.
· The Four R's: Key Assumptions in a Trauma Informed Approach - Realization, Recognize, Respond, Resist Re-traumatization.
1. Computer, telephone, VCR, projectors, calculator, computer, fax machine, and copy machine are used in performance of essential job duties.
2. Various forms of paperwork are handled in performance of essential job duties.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS and ENVIRONMENTAL CHECKLIST: Abilities required to perform the essential and marginal tasks of this job: Walking, operating office equipment, standing, operating motor vehicle, light lifting (under 15 lbs), sitting, ability to see, identify colors, light carrying (under 15 lbs), hearing (with aid), straight pulling, ability to write, ability to count, ability to read, simple grasping, ability to tell time.
Work site and environmental conditions that apply to this job: Travel by car 50% of time, outside, inside, working closely with others, working alone.
CRED/PRIV REQUIRED? Yes DRIVING REQUIRED: Yes
1. Interacts with employees' contractors, customers, community, family members, referral sources, governmental sponsoring and funding entities, program auditors, advocacy groups, and the media.
2. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
3. Work behavior must be compatible with Center value statement and Policies and Procedures contributing to an environment of problem solving, building trust, conflict resolution, and customer service. Ability to perform tasks effectively and efficiently.
4. Ability to plan and schedule work and implement directives without constant supervision.
5. Ability to present a professional appearance and conduct when representing the Center.
6. Ability to work cooperatively and productively with supervisor, individuals, co-workers, and groups of persons at all levels of activity, contributing to a strong spirit of teamwork.
7. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, other agencies and the general public using tact, courtesy and good judgment.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS OR CONDITIONS:
2. Must be insurable by Center's liability carrier if employee operates a Center vehicle or drives personal car on Center business.
3. Good driving record as defined by Gulf Bend Center.
4. Must complete all CORE training requirements prior to the due date.
5. Must have computer experience to include: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Must have good organizational skills to achieve multiple deadlines. Ability to type 40 wpm.
6. Must maintain regular attendance and reliability which is critical to business operations. This is a fulltime position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm or agreed upon hours 100% of the time, to ensure consistency and completeness of program's processes. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Gulf Bend Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applied to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.