JOB TITLE: Director of Mental Health Services
WORKSITE LOCATION: GBC Regional Plaza, 6502 Nursery Drive, Suite 100, Victoria TX 77904
PAY GRADE: 19 EEOC CODE: Professional FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SHIFT: Fulltime; Monday thru Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm, some on-call shifts evenings or weekends
REPORTS TO: Director of Program Operations
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION REQUIRED: General
JOB PURPOSE: This position will direct the day-to-day operations of TCOOMMI, Screening/Intake, and the Mental Health Officer Program. Oversees the Adult Services, Child/Adolescent Services, and Crisis Services. Responsible for ensuring all services delivered adhere to applicable standards and regulations. Manages subordinate staff including ensuring productivity measures are met, the Center's compliance program is adhered to, and treatment meets payer expectations. Carries out public education and relation functions to include trainings, speaking engagements, and/or working with various collaboratives. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Chief Operations Officer with significant latitude for the exercise of discretion and independent judgment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
2. Monitors and evaluates the service delivery system for programs to ensure compliance accordance to various contracts, Medicaid Rule, HHSC, TAC, and Center policy.
3. Oversees and ensures proper documentation of services per contract requirements and Center policy.
4. Facilitates team meetings and individual supervision with program managers and participates in team meetings with staff.
5. Participates in the interview/selection process of new employees.
6. Monitors contract renewals and amendments.
7. Participates in the quality assurance and utilization review process of services to ensure quality.
8. Responsible for programs' budget process.
9. Identifies community needs and develops programs to meet the needs.
10. Reviews and approves timesheets, leave requests, and expense reports per Center policy.
11. Responsible for programs' budget process.
12. Completes and submits invoices, budget requests, reports within timeframe of TCOOMI contract.
13. Submits contractual forms to HHSC.
14. Reviews and approves purchase orders and check requests submitted by program managers.
15. Monitors contract performance measures and targets to ensure 0 recoupment/sanctions and to identify outliers with service delivery.
16. Understand trauma informed services.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, and COMPETENCY:
Trauma-informed: A trauma-informed approach to care “realizes the widespread impact of trauma and understands potential paths for recovery; recognizes the signs and symptoms of trauma in clients, families, staff, and others involved in the system; and responds by fully integrating knowledge about trauma into policies, procedures, and practices, and seeks to actively resist re-traumatization.” The six key principles of a trauma-informed approach include: safety; trustworthiness and transparency; peer support; collaboration and mutuality; empowerment, voice and choice; and cultural, historical and gender issues.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
1. Understands trauma-informed services.
2. Understands the Three E's of trauma-informed care.
3. Understands the Four R's of trauma-informed care.
4. Understands the six key principles of trauma-informed care.
General Competencies: Must have computer experience to include, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Must have good organizational skills to achieve multiple deadlines. Exhibits cooperative teamwork with other staff to accomplish the efficient operation of the program. Models professionalism by appropriate dress, language, ethics, and work habits. Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS AND MATERIALS
1. Computer, telephone, VCR, projectors, calculator, computer, fax machine, and copy machine are used in performance of essential job duties.
2. Various forms of paperwork are handled in performance of essential job duties.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in social, behavioral or human services. (Social, behavioral, and human services are: psychology; social work; medicine; nursing; rehabilitation; counseling; sociology; human development; physician's assistant; gerontology; education psychology; special education; early childhood intervention; or early childhood education.) At least three (3) years experience in providing outpatient mental health services. At least one (1) year of supervisory experience.
DEGREE AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: BA/BS in field specified above
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS and ENVIRONMENTAL CHECKLIST: Abilities required to perform the essential and marginal tasks of this job: Walking, operating office equipment, moderate lifting (15-44 lbs), standing, operating motor vehicle, sitting, ability to see, Identify colors, moderate carrying (15-44 lbs), hearing (with aid), straight pulling, ability to write, ability to count, reaching above shoulder, ability to read, simple grasping, ability to tell time.
Work site and environmental conditions that apply to this job: Travel by car 25% of time, inside, working closely with others, working alone.
CRED/PRIV REQUIRED? Yes DRIVING REQUIRED: Yes
OTHER REQUIREMENTS OR CONDITIONS:
2. Must be insurable by Center's liability carrier if employee operates a Center vehicle or drives personal car on Center business.
3. Good driving record as defined by Gulf Bend Center.
4. Must complete all CORE training requirements prior to the due date.
5. Must have computer experience to include: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Must have good organizational skills to achieve multiple deadlines. Ability to type 40 wpm.
6. Must maintain regular attendance and reliability which is critical to business operations. This is a fulltime position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm or agreed upon hours 100% of the time, to ensure consistency and completeness of program's processes. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Gulf Bend Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applied to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.