WORKSITE LOCATION: Gulf Bend Regional Plaza, 6502 Nursery Drive, Suite 100, Victoria TX 77904
PAY GRADE: 13 EEOC CODE: Professional FLSA STATUS: Non-ExemptSHIFT: Fulltime; Monday thru Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm, some on-call shifts evenings or weekends
REPORTS TO: Director of Human Resources
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION REQUIRED:General
JOB PURPOSE: This position will coordinate training programs, develops and updates training curriculum, conducts classes, coordinates other training programs for the Center and the 7-county catchment community area and develops other training material as required. Works under the general supervision of the Director of Human Resources and closely with the Learning and Development Coordinator with considerable latitude for the exercise of discretion and independent judgment.
2. Provide presentations for organizations of the evidence-based professional, peer, social and self-help resources available to help someone with a mental health issue.
3. Market and deliver training courses.
4. Will assist to enhance the competencies of individual employees by designing and conducting training programs that will boost employee's workplace performance in alliance with the Center's core values.
5. Responsible for performing training needs assessments, designing and delivering curriculum and learning materials and for managing all phases of training interventions.
6. Translate Center and/or community needs and requirements into trainings that will educate the audience appropriately.
7. Periodically evaluate ongoing programs and contracts to ensure that the trainings reflect any changes.
8. Stay abreast of the new trends and tools in employee development.
9. Being proficient and inputting of participant information in online sites related to training programs, i.e. Eventbrite, MHFA Instructor Site, QBS.
10. Develop or oversee the production of classroom handouts, instructional materials, aids and manuals.
11. Be available as an educator for new contracts and programs as they become available.
12. Understand trauma informed services.
14. Understands the Four R's of trauma-informed care.
15. Understands the six key principles of trauma-informed care.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, and COMPETENCY:
Trauma-informed: A trauma-informed approach to care "realizes the widespread impact of trauma and understands potential paths for recovery; recognizes the signs and symptoms of trauma in clients, families, staff, and others involved in the system; and responds by fully integrating knowledge about trauma into policies, procedures, and practices, and seeks to actively resist re-traumatization." The six key principles of a trauma-informed approach include: safety; trustworthiness and transparency; peer support; collaboration and mutuality; empowerment, voice and choice; and cultural, historical and gender issues.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
1. Understands trauma-informed services.
2. Understands the Three E's of trauma-informed care.
3. Understands the Four R's of trauma-informed care.
4. Understands the six key principles of trauma-informed care.
1. Interest in continuous learning and a commitment to staying informed on regulatory changes.
2. Possesses strong group presentation and speaker skills.
3. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with regulatory agencies, school districts and community organizations.
4. Possesses the ability to develop computer-based training programs.
5. Must have computer experience to include, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
6. Must have good organizational skills to achieve multiple deadlines.
7. Exhibits cooperative teamwork with other staff to accomplish the efficient operation of the program.
8. Models professionalism by appropriate dress, language, ethics, and work habits.
9. Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
1. Computer, telephone, VCR, projectors, calculator, computer, fax machine, and copy machine are used in performance of essential job duties.
2. Various forms of paperwork are handled in performance of essential job duties.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in human resources, education, social work or a related field. Experience may be substituted on a year for year basis for education. At least three years' experience in developing and delivering training programs.
DEGREE AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRED:
1. BA/BS in field specified above
2. Mental Health First Aid-Youth Instructor (within 6 months after hire)
3. Mental Health First Aid-Adult Instructor (within 6 months after hire)
4. Certified in supplementary Mental Health First Aid modules including but not limited to:
b. Older Adults
c. First Responders
d. Public Safety
e. Higher Education
5. Safety Care Instructor (within 6 months after hire)
6. Earn certifications as train the trainer in additional programs as they become offered and/or implemented by the Center.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS and ENVIRONMENTAL CHECKLIST: Abilities required to perform the essential and marginal tasks of this job: Walking, operating office equipment, standing, operating motor vehicle, light lifting (under 15 lbs), sitting, ability to see, identify colors, light carrying (under 15 lbs), hearing (with aid), straight pulling, ability to write, ability to count, ability to read, simple grasping, ability to tell time.
Work site and environmental conditions that apply to this job: Travel by car 10% of time, inside, working closely with others, working alone.
CRED/PRIV REQUIRED? Yes DRIVING REQUIRED: Yes
1. Interacts with employees' contractors, customers, community, family members, referral sources, governmental sponsoring and funding entities, program auditors, advocacy groups, and the media.
2. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
3. Work behavior must be compatible with Center value statement and Policies and Procedures contributing to an environment of problem solving, building trust, conflict resolution, and customer service. Ability to perform tasks effectively and efficiently.
4. Ability to plan and schedule work and implement directives without constant supervision.
5. Ability to present a professional appearance and conduct when representing the Center.
6. Ability to work cooperatively and productively with supervisor, individuals, co-workers, and groups of persons at all levels of activity, contributing to a strong spirit of teamwork.
7. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, other agencies and the general public using tact, courtesy and good judgment.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS OR CONDITIONS:
2. Must be insurable by Center's liability carrier if employee operates a Center vehicle or drives personal car on Center business.
3. Good driving record as defined by Gulf Bend Center.
4. Must complete all CORE training requirements prior to the due date.
5. Must have computer experience to include: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Must have good organizational skills to achieve multiple deadlines. Ability to type 40 wpm.
6. Must maintain regular attendance and reliability which is critical to business operations. This is a fulltime position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm or agreed upon hours 100% of the time, to ensure consistency and completeness of program's processes. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Gulf Bend Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applied to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.