WORKSITE LOCATION: Gulf Bend Regional Plaza, 6502 Nursery Drive, Suite 100, Victoria TX 77904
PAY RANGE: $18.47 - $20.32 EEOC CODE: Professional FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SHIFT: Fulltime; Monday thru Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm, some on-call shifts evenings or weekends
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: TAC RULE §303.501 Qualifications of a Habilitation Coordinator must include the following: (1) Be an employee of a LIDDA; (2) Have a bachelor's or advanced degree from an accredited college or university with a major in a social, behavioral, or human service field, such as psychology, social work, medicine, nursing, rehabilitation, counseling, sociology, human development, gerontology, educational psychology, education, or criminal justice; and (3) Have at least one year of experience working directly with individuals with intellectual or other developmental disabilities.
JOB PURPOSE: This position will ensure that any individual seeking admission into a Medicaid-certified nursing facility or currently residing in such a facility is screened and evaluated for mental illness, intellectual disability, and developmental disabilities. Purpose of the evaluation is to determine whether an individual identified was having mental illness, intellectual disability or developmental disability needs specialized services. To identify alternate placement options when necessary or requested. To identify specialized services that may benefit the individual. To meet routinely with individual at the nursing facility to monitor the specialized services Must meet multiple deadlines and reporting requirements. May perform other work duties as assigned by Program Manager. Work is performed under the general supervision of the PASRR Team Lead with considerable latitude for the exercise of discretion and independent judgment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
1. Preadmission Screening and Review is a federally mandated program. PASRR Habilitation Coordination is to ensure that any individual seeking admission into a Medicaid - certified nursing facility or currently residing in such a facility is screened and evaluated for mental illness, intellectual disability and developmental disability.
2. Complete assessments that assist in determining services that the individual is eligible to receive.
3. Provide education about community living options for the individual and families
4. Assist as needed to arrange community services outside the nursing facilities.
5. Responsible for meeting with the individual at least monthly at the nursing facility as well as contacting nursing facility staff, family, or other collateral to aide in the monitoring service and developing person-centered plans of care.
6. Must have good organizational skills to achieve multiple deadlines.
7. Advocate for the customers served to ensure their needs are met and their quality of life is a priority.
8. Must maintain regular and reliable attendance.
9. Complies with telework/remote agreement.
10. Uses the trauma informed care approach when providing services and working with others.
· Understands the Three E's of trauma-informed care.
· Understands the Four R's of trauma-informed care.
· Understands the six key principles of trauma-informed care.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, and COMPETENCY:
General working knowledge of Windows programs to maintain a calendar and spreadsheets. Must have good organizational skills to achieve multiple deadlines and be able to manage a self-directed schedule.
1. Critical Evaluation.
4. Thoroughness/Attention to Detail.
5. Time Management.
6. Excellent interpersonal skills.
7. Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
8. Excellent organizational skills.
9. Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
10. Must be able to gather and analyze information skillfully.
11. Ethical conduct.
A trauma-informed approach to care "realizes the widespread impact of trauma and understands potential paths for recovery; recognizes the signs and symptoms of trauma in clients, families, staff, and others involved in the system; and responds by fully integrating knowledge about trauma into policies, procedures, and practices, and seeks to actively resist re-traumatization." The six key principles of a trauma-informed approach include: safety; trustworthiness and transparency; peer support; collaboration and mutuality; empowerment, voice and choice; and cultural, historical and gender issues (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration ).
· The Three E's of Trauma: Events, Experiences, and Effects.
· The Four R's: Key Assumptions in a Trauma Informed Approach - Realization, Recognize, Respond, Resist Re-traumatization.
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS AND MATERIALS: Computer, telephone, projectors, calculator, fax machine, and copy machine are used in performance of essential job duties. Various forms of paperwork are handled in performance of essential job duties.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS and ENVIRONMENTAL CHECKLIST: Abilities required to perform the essential and marginal tasks of this job: Walking, operating office equipment, standing, operating motor vehicle, light lifting (under 15 lbs), sitting, ability to see, identify colors, light carrying (under 15 lbs), hearing (with aid), straight pulling, ability to write, ability to count, ability to read, simple grasping, ability to tell time.
Work site and environmental conditions that apply to this job: Travel by car 45% of time, outside, inside, working closely with others, working alone.
CRED/PRIV REQUIRED? Yes DRIVING REQUIRED: Yes
OTHER REQUIREMENTS OR CONDITIONS:
Gulf Bend Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applied to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.