WORKSITE LOCATION: GBC Regional Plaza, 6502 Nursery Drive, Suite 100, Victoria TX 77904
PAY GRADE: 13 EEOC CODE: Professional FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SHIFT: Fulltime; day and night shifts with rotating on-call shifts evenings or weekends
JOB PURPOSE: This position will provide crisis intervention services to reduce symptoms of severe and persistent mental illness or serious emotional disturbance and to prevent admission of an individual to a more restrictive environment. Will work in cooperation with family members and community organizations including, but not limited to law enforcement, hospital staff, and other community providers. On-call crisis response duties are included in this role as part of a scheduled rotation. Requires travel within in Gulf Bend Center's (7) county catchment area.
2. Thoroughly completes a crisis log with supporting documentation.
3. Submits all documentation within center policy.
4. Provides crisis services per DSHS contract, Medicaid Rule, and Center policy.
5. Will complete 7 day follow up on hospital discharges per DSHS contract.
6. Will participate in an after-hour call rotation to include holidays and weekends.
7. Will provide LOC5 services as assigned.
8. Will assist with intake screenings as needed.
9. Provides crisis services in the community, clinic, or local emergency room departments.
10. Understand trauma informed services.
REPORTS TO: Crisis Team Lead
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION REQUIRED: General
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, and COMPETENCY:
Trauma-informed: A trauma-informed approach to care "realizes the widespread impact of trauma and understands potential paths for recovery; recognizes the signs and symptoms of trauma in clients, families, staff, and others involved in the system; and responds by fully integrating knowledge about trauma into policies, procedures, and practices, and seeks to actively resist re-traumatization." The six key principles of a trauma-informed approach include: safety; trustworthiness and transparency; peer support; collaboration and mutuality; empowerment, voice and choice; and cultural, historical and gender issues.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
1. Understands trauma-informed services.
2. Understands the Three E's of trauma-informed care.
3. Understands the Four R's of trauma-informed care.
4. Understands the six key principles of trauma-informed care.
1. Must communicate effectively both orally and written.
2. Strong decision making and organizational skills.
3. Must be self-directed with sound judgment under stressful situation.
4. Must have computer experience to include, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
5. Must have good organizational skills to achieve multiple deadlines.
6. Exhibits cooperative teamwork with other staff to accomplish the efficient operation of the program.
7. Models professionalism by appropriate dress, language, ethics and work habits.
1. Computer, telephone, VCR, projectors, calculator, computer, fax machine, and copy machine are used in performance of essential job duties.
2. Various forms of paperwork are handled in performance of essential job duties.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in social, behavioral or human services or is a registered nurse. (Social, behavioral, and human services are: psychology; social work; medicine; nursing; rehabilitation; counseling; sociology; human development; physician's assistant; gerontology; education psychology; special education; early childhood intervention; or early childhood education.) Knowledge of DSM V mental disorders.
Preferred: At least six months experience in providing mental health services to adults, children and adolescents.
DEGREE AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRED:
1. BA/BS in field specified above or licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS and ENVIRONMENTAL CHECKLIST: Abilities required to perform the essential and marginal tasks of this job: Walking, operating office equipment, standing, operating motor vehicle, light lifting (under 15 lbs), sitting, ability to see, identify colors, light carrying (under 15 lbs), hearing (with aid), straight pulling, ability to write, ability to count, ability to read, simple grasping, ability to tell time.
Work site and environmental conditions that apply to this job: Travel by car 50% of time, excessive noise/intermittent, outside, inside, long or irregular work hours, working closely with others, working alone.
CRED/PRIV REQUIRED? Yes DRIVING REQUIRED: Yes
1. Interacts with employees' contractors, customers, community, family members, referral sources, governmental sponsoring and funding entities, program auditors, advocacy groups, and the media.
2. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
3. Work behavior must be compatible with Center value statement and Policies and Procedures contributing to an environment of problem solving, building trust, conflict resolution, and customer service. Ability to perform tasks effectively and efficiently.
4. Ability to plan and schedule work and implement directives without constant supervision.
5. Ability to present a professional appearance and conduct when representing the Center.
6. Ability to work cooperatively and productively with supervisor, individuals, co-workers, and groups of persons at all levels of activity, contributing to a strong spirit of teamwork.
7. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, other agencies and the general public using tact, courtesy and good judgment.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS OR CONDITIONS (specify):
Gulf Bend Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applied to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.