WORKSITE LOCATION: GBC Regional Plaza
PAY GRADE: 25 EEOC CODE: FLSA STATUS: ExemptSHIFT: Fulltime; Monday thru Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm, some on-call shifts evenings or weekends
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Graduation from an accredited school with a Master's of Science in Nursing.
DEGREE AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRED (IF APPLICABLE):
1. License in the state of Texas to practice as a Mental Health Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner.
2. Board certified as a Psychiatric Mental Health nurse Practitioner
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
1. Deliver psychiatric care services to customers to meet customer and program needs.
2. Ensure all services delivered adhere to applicable standards and regulations, including the Center's compliance program.
3. Provide treatment that meets payer expectations.
4. Participate in team and committee meetings.
5. Provide staff education and training.
6. Develop, provide, and oversee other community and/or public psychiatric health services that expand the Center's capacity and ability to meet the broader healthcare needs of the communities Gulf Bend Center serves.
7. Provide public education and engage in related functions, to include trainings, speaking engagements, marketing, and/or working with various collaboratives.
8. Participate in the quality assurance and utilization review process of services to ensure compliance standards.
9. Complies with telework/remote agreement.
10. Must maintain regular and reliable attendance.
11. Uses the trauma informed care approach when providing services and working with others.
· Understands the Three E's of trauma-informed care.
· Understands the Four R's of trauma-informed care.
· Understands the six key principles of trauma-informed care.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS and ENVIORNMENTAL CHECKLIST:
All abilities required to perform the essential and marginal tasks of this job: Walking, Operating office equipment, Moderate lifting, 15-44 lbs., Standing, Operating motor vehicle, Sitting, Ability to see, Identify colors, Moderate carrying, 15-44 lbs., Depth perception needed, Hearing (with aid), Straight pulling, Ability to write, Ability to count, Reaching above shoulder, Ability to read, Simple grasping, Ability to tell time, and Dual simultaneous grasping
All work site and environmental conditions that apply to this job: Travel by car 10% of time, Excessive noise/intermittent, Inside, Working closely with others, and Working alone
CRED/PRIV REQUIRED? Yes DRIVING REQUIRED: Yes
OTHER REQUIREMENTS OR CONDITIONS:
Current State of Texas Driver License or if you live in another state, must be currently licensed in that state. Liability insurance required.
Must be insurable by Center's liability carrier if employee operates a Center vehicle or drives personal car on Center business.
Good driving record as defined by Gulf Bend Center.
Must complete all CORE training requirements prior to the due date.
Gulf Bend Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applied to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.