WORKSITE LOCATION: GBC Regional Plaza, 6502 Nursery Drive, Suite 100, Victoria TX 77904
PAY RANGE: $20.00-$22.00 EEOC CODE: Admin Support FLSA STATUS: Non-ExemptSHIFT: Fulltime; Monday thru Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm, some on-call shifts evenings or weekends
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in business, accounting, or a related field; minimum five (5) years' experience in healthcare coding and/or billing and collection process. Experience may be substituted on a year for year basis for education.
Preferred: BBA/BS and five (5) years' experience in healthcare coding and/or billing and collection process..
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
1. Understands trauma-informed services.
2. Understands the Three E's of trauma-informed care.
3. Understands the Four R's of trauma-informed care.
4. Understands the six key principles of trauma-informed care.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS and ENVIRONMENTAL CHECKLIST: All abilities required to perform the essential and marginal tasks of this job: Walking, Operating office equipment, Standing, Light lifting, under 15 lbs., Sitting, Ability to see, Identify colors, Light carrying, under 15 lbs., Hearing (with aid), Straight pulling, Ability to write, Ability to count, Ability to read, Simple grasping, Ability to tell time
All work site and environmental conditions that apply to this job: Travel by car 5% of time, Inside, Working closely with others, Working alone
CRED/PRIV REQUIRED? No DRIVING REQUIRED: No
OTHER REQUIREMENTS OR CONDITIONS:
1. Current State of Texas Driver License or if you live in another state, must be currently licensed in that state. Liability insurance required.
2. Must be insurable by Center's liability carrier if employee operates a Center vehicle or drives personal car on Center business.
3. Good driving record as defined by Gulf Bend Center.
4. Must complete all CORE training requirements prior to the due date.
5. Must have computer experience to include Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Must have good organizational skills to achieve multiple deadlines. Ability to type 40 wpm.
6. Must maintain regular attendance and reliability which is critical to business operations. This is a fulltime position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm or agreed upon hours 100% of the time, to ensure consistency and completeness of program's processes. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Gulf Bend Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applied to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.