WORKSITE LOCATION: Gulf Bend Regional Plaza, 6502 Nursery Drive, Suite 100, Victoria TX 77904
PAY GRADE: 16 EEOC CODE: Professional FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SHIFT: Fulltime; Monday thru Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm, some on-call shifts evenings or weekends
JOB PURPOSE: This position provides programmatic oversight to the staff that make up the Care Coordination Team. All Care Coordinators are expected to practice in a person-centered, family-centered, and trauma-informed manner. The Care Coordinators will work closely with the other members of the interdisciplinary treatment team to achieve a wholistic approach that improves overall customer wellness. The Registered Nurse in this position will also perform assessments, place customers into appropriate care coordination tiers, and assign them to members of the Care Coordination Team based on their individual needs. The Care Coordination Program Manager will also work closely with other departmental leadership and staff to ensure effective care coordination activities for improved customer outcomes. This position is expected to gain and maintain current knowledge of the CCBHC model of care and related performance measures. They are expected to identify barriers and deficiencies and to implement a PDSA (plan, do, study, act) model of correction when needed. Building and maintaining strong professional relationships with our community partners is also an integral part of this position.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
2. Provides initial and ongoing training and supervision to the care coordination team.
3. Ability to interview, screen, and evaluate clients; to counsel others; to instruct others; prepare concise reports; and to maintain records.
4. Ability to write progress notes according to standard, assessments, memos, letters, various complex reports and miscellaneous other documents with acceptable spelling and grammar.
5. Ability to relate verbal instructions, communicate in a courteous and effective fashion with co-workers, customers and families, agencies and the public.
6. Display a customer service orientation at all times treating customers as equals and partners.
7. Skilled in the use of personal and network computers, word processing, database, spreadsheet and office management software (Microsoft Office).
8. Collaborates with all members of the person-centered treatment team to ensure best possible customer outcomes.
9. Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with community partners.
10. Works closely with the Program Directors, Managers, and Lead Staff to ensure effective care coordination activities.
11. May perform other work duties as assigned by Director of Nursing Services.
12. Understand trauma informed services.
13. Understands the 3 E's of trauma-informed care.
14. Understands the 4 R's of trauma-informed care.
15. Understands the 6 key principles of trauma-informed care.
REPORTS TO: Director of Nursing Services
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION REQUIRED:General
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, and COMPETENCY:
Trauma-informed: A trauma-informed approach to care "realizes the widespread impact of trauma and understands potential paths for recovery; recognizes the signs and symptoms of trauma in clients, families, staff, and others involved in the system; and responds by fully integrating knowledge about trauma into policies, procedures, and practices, and seeks to actively resist re-traumatization." The six key principles of a trauma-informed approach include: safety; trustworthiness and transparency; peer support; collaboration and mutuality; empowerment, voice and choice; and cultural, historical and gender issues.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
1. Understands trauma-informed services.
2. Understands the Three E's of trauma-informed care.
3. Understands the Four R's of trauma-informed care.
4. Understands the six key principles of trauma-informed care.
1. Must have computer experience to include, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
2. Must have good organizational skills to achieve multiple deadlines.
3. Must communicate effectively both orally and written.
4. Responsible for completion of all required documentation in an efficient and timely manner.
5. Strong decision making and organizational skills are required.
6. Must be self-directed with sound judgment under stressful situations.
7. Exhibits cooperative teamwork and models professionalism by appropriate dress, language, ethics and work habits.
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS AND MATERIALS
1. Computer, telephone, VCR, projectors, calculator, computer, fax machine, and copy machine are used in performance of essential job duties.
2. Various forms of paperwork are handled in performance of essential job duties.
DEGREE AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: Associates degree in Nursing from an accredited college and an uninfringed license to practice professional nursing (RN) in the State of Texas.
Preferred: Bachelor's degree in Nursing; possess recognized case management certification; hospital or home health case management experience.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS and ENVIRONMENTAL CHECKLIST: Abilities required to perform the essential and marginal tasks of this job: Walking, operating office equipment, standing, operating motor vehicle, light lifting (under 15 lbs), sitting, ability to see, identify colors, light carrying (under 15 lbs), hearing (with aid), straight pulling, ability to write, climbing stairs, ability to count, ability to read, simple grasping, ability to tell time.
Work site and environmental conditions that apply to this job: Travel by car 20 % of time, outside, inside, working closely with others, working alone.
CRED/PRIV REQUIRED? Yes DRIVING REQUIRED: Yes
1. Interacts with employees' contractors, customers, community, family members, referral sources, governmental sponsoring and funding entities, program auditors, advocacy groups, and the media.
2. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
3. Work behavior must be compatible with Center value statement and Policies and Procedures contributing to an environment of problem solving, building trust, conflict resolution, and customer service. Ability to perform tasks effectively and efficiently.
4. Ability to plan and schedule work and implement directives without constant supervision.
5. Ability to present a professional appearance and conduct when representing the Center.
6. Ability to work cooperatively and productively with supervisor, individuals, co-workers, and groups of persons at all levels of activity, contributing to a strong spirit of teamwork.
7. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, other agencies and the general public using tact, courtesy and good judgment.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS OR CONDITIONS:
2. Must be insurable by Center's liability carrier if employee operates a Center vehicle or drives personal car on Center business.
3. Good driving record as defined by Gulf Bend Center.
4. Must complete all CORE training requirements prior to the due date.
5. Must have computer experience to include: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Must have good organizational skills to achieve multiple deadlines. Ability to type 40 wpm.
6. Must maintain regular attendance and reliability which is critical to business operations. This is a fulltime position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm or agreed upon hours 100% of the time, to ensure consistency and completeness of program's processes. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Gulf Bend Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applied to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.