WORKSITE LOCATION: GBC Regional Plaza, 6502 Nursery Drive, Suite 100, Victoria TX 77904
PAY GRADE: 7 EEOC CODE: Paraprofessional FLSA STATUS: Non-ExemptSHIFT: Part-time; various shifts during regular business hours of Monday thru Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
JOB PURPOSE: This position will provide peer mentoring and support to primary caregivers of children and adolescents receiving Mental Health services. Introduces the family to the treatment process. Models self-advocacy skills. Provides information, referral, and non-clinical skills training. Assists in identifying natural/nontraditional and community support systems. Works as an active team member of the intensive case management/wrap around team process. Provides services in the community and/or clinic. Meets multiple deadlines and reporting requirements. Serves as a liaison for the family with staff, schools, and the community. May require travel within the 7 county area.
2. Provides Family Partner services in accordance with HHSC Contract and TRR Fidelity per supervisory review.
3. Provides Family Partner services to caregivers/LARs of individuals in preferred environment (office, home, community).
4. Provides families with appropriate community resources as necessary.
5. Provides Patient and Family Education in accordance with TRR Fidelity per supervisor review.
6. Demonstrates appropriate responsiveness to consumer needs as demonstrated by no legitimate consumer, collateral or co-worker complaints.
7. Attends all required team meetings as scheduled by program supervisor unless excused by Program Supervisor.
8. Works up to 29 hours per week during the Center's regular business hours of Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm unless approved in advance.
9. Documents services collaboratively according to Medicaid Rule and HHSC Contract per supervisory review.
10. Completes all paperwork according to Medicaid Rule, HHSC Contract and Center Policy.
11. Submits documentation of services within two business days.
REPORTS TO: Child & Adolescent Services Program Team Lead
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION REQUIRED: General
Trauma-informed: A trauma-informed approach to care "realizes the widespread impact of trauma and understands potential paths for recovery; recognizes the signs and symptoms of trauma in clients, families, staff, and others involved in the system; and responds by fully integrating knowledge about trauma into policies, procedures, and practices, and seeks to actively resist re-traumatization." The six key principles of a trauma-informed approach include: safety; trustworthiness and transparency; peer support; collaboration and mutuality; empowerment, voice and choice; and cultural, historical and gender issues.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
1. Understands trauma-informed services.
2. Understands the Three E's of trauma-informed care.
3. Understands the Four R's of trauma-informed care.
4. Understands the six key principles of trauma-informed care.
1. Exhibits cooperative teamwork with other staff to accomplish the efficient operation of the program by assisting co-workers as necessary, to meet client needs and contract requirements with no verified complaints.
2. Models professionalism by appropriate dress, language, ethics, and work habits 100% of the time.
3. Demonstrates an ability to communicate effectively both orally, and in writing 100% of the time.
4. Uses a computer and other technological device (ex. IPad) as required to complete all work assignments.
5. Accomplishes 95% of assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
6. Uses sound judgment in the release of information as evidenced by lack of complaints or consumer rights findings.
7. Completes fleet checklist as required. Reports all fleet problems directly to the program director within 24 hours of identifying the problem.
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS AND MATERIALS
1. Computer, cell phone, calculator, computer, fax machine, and copy machine are used in performance of essential job duties.
2. Various forms of paperwork are handled in performance of essential job duties.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Required: Must be at least 18 years old and have a high school diploma or GED. Must be a parent or legally authorized representative of a child/adolescent with a serious emotional disturbance. Must have at least one year of experience successfully navigating community service systems for children and adolescents and be able to articulate their lived experience. Must have lived experience that speaks to accomplishments concerning their child/youth's mental health including being in a stable place in their recovery and/or resiliency. Can meet requirements of a Medicaid background check.
DEGREE AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRED (IF APPLICABLE): N/A
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS and ENVIRONMENTAL CHECKLIST: Abilities required to perform the essential and marginal tasks of this job: Walking, operating office equipment, standing, operating motor vehicle, light lifting (under 15 lbs), sitting, ability to see, identify colors, twisting, light carrying (under 15 lbs), hearing (with aid), straight pulling, ability to write, climbing stairs, ability to count, ability to read, simple grasping, ability to tell time.
Work site and environmental conditions that apply to this job: Travel by car 50% of time, outside, inside, working closely with others, working alone.
CRED/PRIV REQUIRED? No DRIVING REQUIRED: Yes
OTHER REQUIREMENTS OR CONDITIONS:
Gulf Bend Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applied to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.