WORKSITE LOCATION:Wellness Community, 1103 N. Nimitz Street, Victoria TX 77901
PAY RANGE: $10.17 to $11.19 FLSA STATUS: Non-ExemptSHIFT: Fulltime; 7am-3pm to include Saturday and Sunday with two weekdays off
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: High school diploma or equivalent G.E.D.
Preferred: Work experience within the Behavioral Healthcare system preferred.
DEGREE AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: High school diploma or equivalent G.E.D.
REPORTS TO: Wellness Community Manager
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION REQUIRED: General
JOB PURPOSE: Provides supervision training, guidance, and supports to individuals diagnosed with serious and persistent mental illness, as well as developmental disabilities, residing at the Wellness Community. Provides program support, including daily maintenance of the property and coordination of events which enrich customers experience at the Wellness Community.
2. Provides role modeling of good personal hygiene and appropriate attire.
3. Participates in cleaning and maintenance of the facility.
4. Responsible for transporting customers to various appointments.
5. Documentation of all daily activities/trainings provided.
6. Communicates efficiently with supervisor and team members about program needs as well as resident needs.
7. Will work actively as a team member to maintain supports to all individuals residing at the Wellness Community.
8. Each shift has listed assignment of specific duties. Staff is responsible for completing duties according to the shift being worked. Tasks entail cleaning and basic maintenance of the Wellness Community site, filing and maintenance of daily resident records, facilitating scheduled Wellness Community events, email communication as it pertains to the site and/or residents, and additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
9. Must maintain regular and reliable attendance.
10. Complies with telework/remote agreement.
· Understands the Three E's of trauma-informed care.
· Understands the Four R's of trauma-informed care.
· Understands the six key principles of trauma-informed care.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, and COMPETENCY:
Must possess good oral and written communication skills. Must be able to work as a team member in all areas of planning, behavior management and assisting individuals in obtaining their personal goals. Strong decision-making skills and sound judgment necessary. Must have computer experience to include, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Must have good organizational skills to achieve multiple deadlines.
A trauma-informed approach to care "realizes the widespread impact of trauma and understands potential paths for recovery; recognizes the signs and symptoms of trauma in clients, families, staff, and others involved in the system; and responds by fully integrating knowledge about trauma into policies, procedures, and practices, and seeks to actively resist re-traumatization." The six key principles of a trauma-informed approach include: safety; trustworthiness and transparency; peer support; collaboration and mutuality; empowerment, voice and choice; and cultural, historical and gender issues (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration ).
· The Three E's of Trauma: Events, Experiences, and Effects.
· The Four R's: Key Assumptions in a Trauma Informed Approach - Realization, Recognize, Respond, Resist Re-traumatization.
1. Computer, telephone, calculator, fax machine, and copy machine are used in performance of essential job duties.
2. Various forms of paperwork are handled in performance of essential job duties.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CHECKLIST: Abilities required to perform the essential and marginal tasks of this job: Heavy lifting (45 lbs & over), walking operating office equipment, standing, operating motor vehicle, sitting, ability to see, idnetify colors, moderate carrying (15-44 lbs), kneeling, hearing (with aid), straight pulling, stooping, ability to write, repeated bending, ability to count, reaching above shoulder, ability to read, simple grasping, ability to tell time, dual simultaneous grasping.
Work site and environmental conditions that apply to this job: Travel by van 20% of time, outside, inside, working closely with others, working alone.
/PRIV REQUIRED? Yes DRIVING REQUIRED: Yes
1. Interacts with employees' contractors, customers, community, family members, referral sources, governmental sponsoring and funding entities, program auditors, advocacy groups, and the media.
2. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
3. Work behavior must be compatible with Center value statement and Policies and Procedures contributing to an environment of problem solving, building trust, conflict resolution, and customer service. Ability to perform tasks effectively and efficiently.
4. Ability to plan and schedule work and implement directives without constant supervision.
5. Ability to present a professional appearance and conduct when representing the Center.
6. Ability to work cooperatively and productively with supervisor, individuals, co-workers, and groups of persons at all levels of activity, contributing to a strong spirit of teamwork.
7. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, other agencies and the general public using tact, courtesy and good judgment.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS OR CONDITIONS:
Gulf Bend Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applied to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.