WORKSITE LOCATION: Gulf Bend Regional Plaza, 6502 Nursery Drive, Suite 100, Victoria TX 77904
PAY GRADE: 18 EEOC CODE: Professional FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SHIFT: Fulltime; Monday thru Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm, some on-call shifts evenings or weekends
REPORTS TO: Director of Behavioral Health Services
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION REQUIRED: General
JOB PURPOSE: Acts as the Manager of Crisis Services. Oversees the daily operations to MCOT, Pathway, and the CRT and provides guidance to the staff. Will provide initial and ongoing training/coaching to the team with clinical oversight from Director. Will participate in interview process for new team members, assist with program planning, and facilitate team meetings. Conducts audits and reviews to ensure compliance with our contract and center policies. Meets multiple deadlines and reporting requirements. Will supervise after hour on-call rotation to provide clinical oversight to MCOT. Responsible for completing monthly on-call rotation schedule. Responsible for daily reporting requirements for PPB contract. Responsible for monitoring PPB/PESC utilization and following contract guidelines with oversight from Director. May perform other work duties as assigned by Director. Will represent Gulf Bend Center in a positive, mature, and professional manner at all times and maintain a positive interface with community providers/stakeholders. Some after hour duties are included to provide clinical oversight to staff. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Director of Behavioral Health Services with considerable latitude for the exercise of discretion and independent judgement. Requires travel within Gulf Bend Centers' 7 county catchment area. Uses a trauma informed care approach when providing services and working with others.
2. Provides initial and ongoing training/coaching to team members, clinical support, and guidance to team as needed.
3. Facilitates team meetings for program.
4. Oversees proper maintenance of service documentation of Crisis Services in accordance with Medicaid Rule and Center policy.
5. Participates in the interview/selection process of new employees for the Crisis Services.
6. Assists with program planning and development as delegated by Director.
7. Assists MCOT, Pathway, and CRT team members with treatment recommendations.
8. Will supervise after hour on-call rotation to provide clinical oversight to MCOT.
9. Participates in the quality assurance and utilization review process of all crisis services to ensure quality services.
10. Conducts audits to ensure compliance according to HHSC contract, Medicaid Rule, and Center policy and reports all audit findings to Director.
11. Provides oversight and approval of team member's timesheets, leave requests, schedules, and expense reports per Center policy.
12. Performs team/staff evaluations and performance appraisals when due.
13. Participates in the budget process as needed.
14. Responsible for completing monthly on call rotation schedule.
15. Responsible for daily reporting requirements for PPB contract.
16. Responsible for monitoring PPB/PESC utilization and following contract guidelines.
17. Responsible for assistance with monitoring provision of Pathway services and following program guidelines.
18. Responsible for assistance with monitoring provision of CRT services and following program guidelines.
19. May perform other work duties as assigned by Director.
20. Understands trauma informed services and uses a trauma informed care approach when providing services and working with others.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, and COMPETENCY:
Trauma-informed: A trauma-informed approach to care "realizes the widespread impact of trauma and understands potential paths for recovery; recognizes the signs and symptoms of trauma in clients, families, staff, and others involved in the system; and responds by fully integrating knowledge about trauma into policies, procedures, and practices, and seeks to actively resist re-traumatization." The six key principles of a trauma-informed approach include: safety; trustworthiness and transparency; peer support; collaboration and mutuality; empowerment, voice and choice; and cultural, historical and gender issues.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
1. Understands trauma-informed services.
2. Understands the Three E's of trauma-informed care.
3. Understands the Four R's of trauma-informed care.
4. Understands the six key principles of trauma-informed care.
1. Must have computer experience to include Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
2. Must have strong decision making and good organizational skills to achieve multiple deadlines.
3. Exhibits cooperative teamwork with other staff to accomplish the efficient operation of the program.
4. Models professionalism by appropriate dress, language, ethics, and work habits.
5. Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS AND MATERIALS
1. Computer, telephone, projectors, calculator, printer, fax machine, and copy machine are used in performance of essential job duties.
2. Various forms of paperwork are handled in performance of essential job duties.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in social, behavioral, or human services or is a registered nurse. (Social, behavioral, and human services are: psychology; social work; medicine; nursing; rehabilitation; counseling; sociology; human development). At least 1 year experience managing personnel.
Preferred: 1 years experience with working with individuals in crisis situations. Knowledge of legal system as it relates to mental health is beneficial.
DEGREE AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: BA/BS in field specified above or licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS and ENVIRONMENTAL CHECKLIST: Abilities required to perform the essential and marginal tasks of this job: Walking, operating office equipment, standing, operating motor vehicle, light lifting (under 15 lbs), sitting, ability to see, identify colors, light carrying (under 15 lbs), hearing (with aid), ability to write, ability to count, ability to read, simple grasping, ability to tell time.
Work site and environmental conditions that apply to this job: Travel by car, inside, working closely with others, working alone.
CRED/PRIV REQUIRED? Yes DRIVING REQUIRED: Yes
1. Interacts with employees' contractors, customers, community, family members, referral sources, governmental sponsoring and funding entities, program auditors, advocacy groups, and the media.
2. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
3. Work behavior must be compatible with Center value statement and Policies and Procedures contributing to an environment of problem solving, building trust, conflict resolution, and customer service. Ability to perform tasks effectively and efficiently.
4. Ability to plan and schedule work and implement directives without constant supervision.
5. Ability to present a professional appearance and conduct when representing the Center.
6. Ability to work cooperatively and productively with supervisor, individuals, co-workers, and groups of persons at all levels of activity, contributing to a strong spirit of teamwork.
7. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, other agencies and the general public using tact, courtesy and good judgment.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS OR CONDITIONS:
Gulf Bend Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applied to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.