LOCATION: Gulf Bend Plaza, 6502 Nursery Drive, Suite 100, Victoria, Texas
Competitive salary based on experience: Pay Grade: 7, minimum: $ 10.88/hour
JOB PURPOSE: Performs moderately complex administrative work within the Behavioral Health programs: maintains monthly/quarterly reports, excel spreadsheets, analyzes data to identify trends, and enters data into CARE system. Will work collaboratively with behavioral health programs to ensure contractual obligations are met. Completes purchase orders and works with external hospitals/facilities to gather required data. Other duties as assigned by program director.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES: (1) Maintains spreadsheets to track hospital data (2) Provides administrative support to the behavioral health programs. (3) Monitors YES Waiver Inquiry line and contacts families within HHSC contract timeframe (5) Monitors and prepares YES Waiver Inquiry spreadsheet prior to submission to HHSC.
REPORTS TO: Director of Behavioral Health Services
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION REQUIRED: General
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, and COMPETENCY:
Gulf Bend Center incorporates principles of trauma-informed care, which includes cultural sensitivity, in all areas of service delivery. All job descriptions include the responsibility to learn about and implement trauma-informed practices within the scope of work for the position.
Must possess ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment. Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, organizational skills and ability to establish quick rapport with consumers and Center staff. Must work as a team member and remain flexible and responsive to changes in the work environment. Must be comfortable working independently. Must be detailed orientated. Must be computer literate and must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products. (Excel and Word).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Associate degree in Business Administration or related field required and/or minimum 3 years' experience in an administrative assistant role with related duties. Preferred Bachelor's degree in Business Administration.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS and ENVIRONMENTAL CHECKLIST: Walking, operating office equipment, standing, light lifting, under 15 lbs, sitting, ability to see, identify colors, depth perception needed, light carrying, under 15 lbs, kneeling, hearing (with aid), pushing, hearing (without aid), ability to write, repeated bending, climbing stairs, ability to count, reaching above shoulder, ability to read, ability to tell time.
Work site and environmental conditions that apply to this job: Inside, working closely with others, working alone.
CRED/PRIV REQUIRED? Yes DRIVING REQUIRED: Yes
1. Interacts with employees' contractors, customers, community, family members, referral sources, governmental sponsoring and funding entities, program auditors, advocacy groups, and the media.
2. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
3. Work behavior must be compatible with Center value statement and Policies and Procedures contributing to an environment of problem solving, building trust, conflict resolution, and customer service. Ability to perform tasks effectively and efficiently.
4. Ability to plan and schedule work and implement directives without constant supervision.
5. Ability to present a professional appearance and conduct when representing the Center.
6. Ability to work cooperatively and productively with supervisor, individuals, co-workers, and groups of persons at all levels of activity, contributing to a strong spirit of teamwork.
7. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, other agencies and the general public using tact, courtesy and good judgment.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS OR CONDITIONS: Current State of Texas Driver License or if you live in another state, must be currently licensed in that state. Liability insurance required. Must be insurable by Center's liability carrier if employee operates a Center vehicle or drives personal car on Center business. Must have computer experience to include, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Must have good organizational skills to achieve multiple deadlines.