WORKSITE LOCATION: Gulf Bend Regional Plaza, 6502 Nursery Dr. Ste. 100, Victoria, TX 77904
PAY GRADE: 9 EEOC CODE: Para-Professional FLSA: Non-Exempt, Part-time
SHIFT: Office hours between Monday thru Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm; Some weekends or nights.
JOB PURPOSE: Engage in promoting or creation of intended public image for Gulf Bend Center. May write or select material for release on various communications media.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
1. Assist in the response to requests for information from the media or designate an appropriate spokesperson or information source.
2. Write press releases or other media communications (Facebook, Twitter, DATIS) to promote Gulf Bend Center.
3. Establish or maintain cooperative relationships with representatives of community, consumer, employee, or public interest groups.
4. Assist in the planning or direct development or communication of programs to maintain favorable public or stockholder perceptions of Gulf Bend Center's accomplishments, agenda, or environmental responsibility.
5. Study the objectives, promotional policies, or needs of organizations to develop public relations strategies that will influence public opinion or promote ideas, products, or services.
6. Update and maintain content posted on the Web or other media communications.
7. Prepare or edit Gulf Bend Center publications, such as employee newsletters, Healthy YOU @ GBC, MHFA updates, or stockholders' reports, for internal or external audiences.
8. Assist in the coordination public responses to environmental management incidents or conflicts.
9. Assist in the arrangement public appearances, lectures, contests, or exhibits for clients to increase Gulf Bend Center's mission or service awareness or to promote goodwill.
10. Assist in the development plans or materials to communicate activities undertaken by Gulf Bend Center that are beneficial to the environment, public safety, or other important social issues.
11. Assist in the preparation or delivery of community activities to further public relations objectives.
12. Assist in the production or support personnel to produce or coordinate production of advertisements or promotions.
13. Provide educational information to the public.
14. Assist in the coordination and logistics for productions or events.
15. Assist the Marketing Specialist, Director of Development, Director of Human Resources, or other members of the Gulf Bend Team with advertising agencies or staff to arrange promotional campaigns in all types of media to promote Gulf Bend Center.
REPORTS TO: Director of Human Resources
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION REQUIRED: General
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, and COMPETENCY:
Trauma Informed Care:
Gulf Bend Center incorporates principles of trauma-informed care, which includes cultural sensitivity, in all areas of service delivery. All job descriptions include the responsibility to learn about and implement trauma-informed practices within the scope of work for the position.
Ability to analyze complex situations, ability to meet deadlines and goals, knowledge of state contracts and guidelines, organized, strong time management, detailed oriented, passionate about providing quality customer service, and ability to link customers to resources within Gulf Bend Center and the surrounding counties.
1. Critical Evaluation.
4. Thoroughness/Attention to Detail.
5. Time Management.
6. Excellent interpersonal skills.
7. Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
8. Excellent organizational skills.
9. Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
10. Must be able to gather and analyze information skillfully.
11. Ethical Conduct
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS AND MATERIALS
1. Telephone, calculator, computer/laptop, fax machine, and copy machine are used in performance of essential job duties.
2. Various forms of paperwork are handled in performance of essential job duties.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Required: Must be participating in the Federal Work Study Program. Must be enrolled in an accredited college or university with a major in communications, journalism, strategic communication, health communication, marketing, entrepreneurship, sociology, human resources development, healthcare administration, management, and or leadership.
DEGREE AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRED (IF APPLICABLE): n/a
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS and ENVIRONMENTAL CHECKLIST
Abilities required to perform the essential and marginal tasks of this job: Walking, operating office equipment, standing, operating motor vehicle, light lifting under 15 lbs, sitting, ability to see, identify colors, light carrying under 15 lbs, hearing (with aid), straight pulling, ability to write, ability to count, ability to read, simple grasping, ability to tell time.
Work site and environmental conditions that apply to this job: Travel by car 10% of time, inside, outside, working alone, working closely with others.
CRED/PRIV REQUIRED? Yes DRIVING REQUIRED: Yes
OTHER REQUIREMENTS OR CONDITIONS:
1. Must have computer experience to include, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
2. Valid Texas Driver's License and good driving record as defined by Gulf Bend Center.
3. Must be insurable by Center's liability carrier if employee operates a Center vehicle or drives a personal car on Center business.
4. Must complete all CORE training requirements in month which they are due.
Gulf Bend Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.