WORKSITE LOCATION: Gulf Bend Regional Plaza, 6502 Nursery Drive, Victoria TX 77904
PAY GRADE: 9 EEOC CODE: Administrative Support Worker FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
SHIFT: Monday thru Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm; some early or late scheduling as needed.
JOB PURPOSE: This position will perform HR related duties on an administrative level working in supporting HR and learning and development functions. Receives visitors and employees, determines nature of business and directs person to desired location. Answers calls to, receive incoming messages and gives general information. Supports employee relations functions. Serves as a back-up to the HR Generalist.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
2. Maintains positive interaction with all employees.
3. Maintains favorable image at reception area of department and maintains visitor protocols.
4. Maintains a strict standard of confidentiality in handling Company sensitive information, reports, and correspondence.
5. Completes and monitors driving record check every two years with Texas Counsel Risk Management Fund and documents in employee file.
6. Maintains compliance and monitors monthly state and federal OIG checks and documents in employee file by the 15th of each month.
7. Maintains compliance and monitors CANRS checks and documents in employee file by the 15th of each month.
8. Maintains compliance and monitors yearly Employee Misconduct Registry, Nurse Aid Registry checks, and documents in employee file by the 15th of each month.
9. Maintains compliance and monitors yearly criminal history checks and documents in employee file by the 15th of each month.
10. Maintains compliance and monitors auto liability insurance and documents in employee file.
11. Maintains compliance for eVerify and documents in employee file.
12. Processes, maintains, coordinates, and shares credentialing for practicums, residents, nursing students, contractors, and volunteers.
13. Maintains and shares compliance for credentials with billing and HR immediately after updated.
14. Schedules monthly TB Clinic for staff new hires and staff annually.
15. Creates employee ID badges.
16. Maintains and assist in the coordination of Customer Service Star Awards, Wellness Program, and other employee relations activities.
17. Maintains company news and other publications on Datis.
18. Prepares reports on findings and metrics for HR, HRD, and Board by the 5th of each month.
19. Acts as an ambassador for new hires with on-boarding in Relias, DATIS, and GBC Passport.
20. Distributes, collects, and maintains records for company property.
21. Maintains employee files, medical files and training file as needed.
22. Assist in HR and HRD audits
23. Completes special projects as assigned by Director of Human Resources.
24. Participates in developing department goals and objectives and systems.
25. Works closely with, provides assistance and back up to other HR or Training and Development staff.
26. Acts as an agent of change.
27. Understands trauma-informed service.
REPORTS TO: Director of Human Resources
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION REQUIRED: General
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, and COMPETENCY:
Trauma-informed: A trauma-informed approach to care "realizes the widespread impact of trauma and understands potential paths for recovery; recognizes the signs and symptoms of trauma in clients, families, staff, and others involved in the system; and responds by fully integrating knowledge about trauma into policies, procedures, and practices, and seeks to actively resist re-traumatization." The six key principles of a trauma-informed approach include: safety; trustworthiness and transparency; peer support; collaboration and mutuality; empowerment, voice and choice; and cultural, historical and gender issues.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
1. Understands trauma-informed services.
2. Understands the Three E's of trauma-informed care.
3. Understands the Four R's of trauma-informed care.
4. Understands the six key principles of trauma-informed care.
2. Ability to handle multiple priorities in a confidential environment.
3. Proficient on PC including Microsoft Office, Excel, and Outlook.
4. Strong attention to detail.
5. Ability to perform tasks effectively and efficiently.
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS AND MATERIALS
1. Computer, telephone, VCR, projectors, calculator, computer, fax machine, and copy machine are used in performance of essential job duties.
2. Various forms of paperwork are handled in performance of essential job duties.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: High School Diploma or GED equivalent and 2 years HR related experience.
Preferred: 3-5 years' HR related experience.
DEGREE AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: n/a
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS and ENVIRONMENTAL CHECKLIST: Abilities required to perform the essential and marginal tasks of this job: Walking, operating office equipment, standing, operating motor vehicle, light lifting (under 15 lbs), sitting, ability to see, identify colors, light carrying (under 15 lbs), hearing (with aid), straight pulling, ability to write, ability to count, ability to read, simple grasping, ability to tell time.
Work site and environmental conditions that apply to this job: Travel by car 50% of time, outside, inside, working closely with others, working alone.
CRED/PRIV REQUIRED? Yes DRIVING REQUIRED: Yes
2. Work behavior must be compatible with Center value statement and Policies and Procedures contributing to an environment of problem solving, building trust, conflict resolution, and customer service.
3. Ability to plan and schedule work and implement directives without constant supervision.
4. Ability to present a professional appearance and conduct when representing the Center.
5. Ability to work cooperatively and productively with supervisor, individuals, co-workers, and groups of persons at all levels of activity, contributing to a strong spirit of teamwork.
6. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, other agencies and the general public using tact, courtesy and good judgment.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS OR CONDITIONS:
2. Must be insurable by Center's liability carrier if employee operates a Center vehicle or drives personal car on Center business.
3. Good driving record as defined by Gulf Bend Center.
4. Must complete all CORE training requirements prior to the due date.
5. Must have computer experience to include: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Must have good organizational skills to achieve multiple deadlines. Ability to type 40 wpm.
6. Must maintain regular attendance and reliability which is critical to business operations. This is a fulltime position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm or agreed upon hours 100% of the time, to ensure consistency and completeness of program's processes. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Gulf Bend Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applied to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.