JOB TITLE: IDD Liaison - Multi-Service
JOB LOCATION: Gulf Bend Regional Plaza, 6502 Nursery Drive, Suite 100, Victoria, Texas 77904
Competitive salary based on experience: Pay Grade: 13, minimum: $ 16.33/hour
JOB PURPOSE: Floating position, providing IDD service coordination for individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities at Gulf Bend Center as part of an interdisciplinary team. The IDD Liaison is responsible to serve as back-up to individuals eligible/receiving Texas Home Living Services (Txhml), Home and Community Based Services (HCS), General Revenue (GR), Community First Choice (CFC) and PASRR Services in the absence of their assigned Service Coordinator. Additionally, the IDD Liaison will provide coverage for the Consumer Care Specialist, as assigned, to complete the duties of supervision, training, guidance and modeling behavior to individuals diagnosed with IDD enrolled in Service Coordination. The IDD Liaison will regularly assist with intake and enrollment to explain all services that are available to individuals who are determined IDD eligible. Completes all documentation related to services provided. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Director of IDD Services with considerable latitude for the exercise of discretion and independent judgment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
1. Assists individual or family member in accessing medical, social, educational, and other appropriate services and supports that will help an individual achieve a quality of life and community participation acceptable to the individual and LAR (Legally Authorized Representative) on the individual's behalf
2. Provides crisis prevention and management and linking and assists the individual and LAR or actively involved person to secure services and supports that will enable them to prevent or manage a crisis.
3. Monitors all waiver and non-waiver services ensuring that the individual receives needed services, evaluating the effectiveness and determining adequacy of services and ensure identified outcomes are meeting the individual's needs and desires.
4. Assesses quality of services by identifying the individual's needs and services and the supports that address those needs as they relate to the nature of the individual's presenting problem and disability.
5. Provides service planning and coordination by identifying, arranging, advocating, collaborating with other agencies, and linking for delivery of outcome-focused services and supports that addresses individuals needs and desires as indicated by the individual and LAR or actively involved person.
6. Complete monthly contacts visit with assigned individuals, providers, medical specialists or any other member of the service planning team (SPT) involved in their treatment plan.
REPORTS TO: Director of IDD Services
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION REQUIRED: General
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES and COMPETENCY:
Trauma Informed Care: Gulf Bend Center incorporates principles of trauma-informed care, which includes cultural sensitivity, in all areas of service delivery. All job descriptions include the responsibility to learn about and implement trauma-informed practices within the scope of work for the position.
General Competencies: Ability to analyze complex situations, ability to meet deadlines and goals, knowledge of state contracts and guidelines, organized, strong time management, detailed oriented, passionate about providing quality customer service, and ability to link customers to resources within Gulf Bend Center and the surrounding counties.
1. Critical Evaluation.
4. Thoroughness/Attention to Detail.
5. Time Management.
6. Excellent interpersonal skills.
7. Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
8. Excellent organizational skills.
9. Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
10. Must be able to gather and analyze information skillfully.
11. Ethical Conduct
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS AND MATERIALS
1. Telephone, calculator, computer/laptop, fax machine, and copy machine are used in performance of essential job duties.
2. Various forms of paperwork are handled in performance of essential job duties.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Required: A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in social, behavioral or human services or is a registered nurse. (Social, behavioral, and human services are: psychology; social work; medicine; nursing; rehabilitation; counseling; sociology; human development; physician's assistant; gerontology; education psychology; special education; early childhood intervention; or early childhood education.)
Preferred: At least two years experience in providing mental health or intellectual disability services to adults, children or adolescents.
DEGREE AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRED (IF APPLICABLE): n/a
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS: Walking, operating office equipment, standing, operating motor vehicle, light lifting, under 15 lbs, sitting, ability to see, identify colors, light carrying, under 15 lbs, hearing (with aid), straight pulling, ability to write, ability to count, ability to read, simple grasping, ability to tell time, travel by car 35% of time, outside, inside, working closely with others, working alone.
CRED/PRIV REQUIRED? Yes DRIVING REQUIRED: Yes
REQUIREMENTS OR CONDITIONS:
1. Must have computer experience to include, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
2. Valid Texas Driver's License and good driving record as defined by Gulf Bend Center.
3. Must be insurable by Center's liability carrier if employee operates a Center vehicle or drives a personal car on Center business.4. Must complete all CORE training requirements in month which they are due.
Gulf Bend Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.