WORKSITE LOCATION: Gulf Bend Regional Plaza, 6502 Nursery Drive, Suite 100, Victoria TX 77904
PAY GRADE: 18 EEOC CODE: Professional FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
SHIFT: Fulltime; Monday thru Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm, some on-call shifts evenings or weekends
REPORTS TO: Care Coordination Program Manager
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION REQUIRED:General
JOB PURPOSE:Performs moderately complex substance abuse counseling work. Work involves planning, coordinating, and implementing substance use counseling activities, and coordinating with other programs and/or community organizations to ensure the maximum utilization of resources available for chemical dependency treatment and rehabilitation. Will also work with mental health staff at Gulf Bend Center for continuity of care and/or crisis services. Will carry a caseload and be responsible for serving individuals who have substance use disorder and/or co-occurring disorders. Works under general supervision of the Care Coordination Program Manager with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
2. Ability to interview, screen, and evaluate clients; to counsel others; to instruct others; to implement chemical dependency treatment programs; to prepare concise reports; and to maintain records.
3. Ability to write progress notes according to standard, assessments, memos, letters, various complex reports and miscellaneous other documents with acceptable spelling and grammar.
4. Ability to relate verbal instructions, communicate in a courteous and effective fashion with co-workers, consumers and families, agencies and the public.
5. Display a customer service orientation; at all times treating customers as equals and partners.
6. Skilled in the use of personal and network computers, word processing, database, spreadsheet and office management software (Microsoft Office)
7. May perform other work duties as assigned by Care Coordination Program Manager
8. Understand trauma informed services.
9. Understands the 3 E's of trauma-informed care.
10. Understands the 4 R's of trauma-informed care.
11. Understands the 6 key principles of trauma-informed care.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, and COMPETENCY:
1. Must have computer experience to include, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
2. Must have good organizational skills to achieve multiple deadlines.
3. Must communicate effectively both orally and written.
4. Responsible for completion of all required documentation in an efficient and timely manner.
5. Strong decision making and organizational skills are required.
6. Must be self-directed with sound judgment under stressful situations.
7. Exhibits cooperative teamwork and models professionalism by appropriate dress, language, ethics and work habits.
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS AND MATERIALS
1. Computer, telephone, VCR, projectors, calculator, computer, fax machine, and copy machine are used in performance of essential job duties.
2. Various forms of paperwork are handled in performance of essential job duties
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Must have high school diploma or GED. A Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor must be licensed by the Department of State Health Services. Must have completed 270 classroom hours of CD curriculum which meets HHSC standards, completed the 300 hour supervised practicum or meets the educational and experience exemptions/waivers as outlined in HHSC chapter 450.109, pass criminal history standards which includes finger prints as described in 450.115, sign a written agreement to abide by the ethics contained in 450.121, and be worthy of public trust and confidence as determined by HHSC. Must possess a current licensure as an LCDC and experience treating populations with therapeutic community work preferable. Must pass and maintain all Center-mandated trainings.
DEGREE AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRED (IF APPLICABLE):
1. Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor (LCDC)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS and ENVIRONMENTAL CHECKLIST: Abilities required to perform the essential and marginal tasks of this job: Walking, pperating office equipment, standing, operating motor vehicle, light lifting (under 15 lbs), sitting, ability to see, identify colors, light carrying (under 15 lbs), hearing (with aid), straight pulling, ability to write, climbing stairs, ability to count, ability to read, simple grasping, ability to tell time.
Work site and environmental conditions that apply to this job: Travel by car 20% of time, outside, inside, working closely with others, working alone.
CRED/PRIV REQUIRED? Yes DRIVING REQUIRED: Yes
1. Interacts with employees' contractors, customers, community, family members, referral sources, governmental sponsoring and funding entities, program auditors, advocacy groups, and the media.
2. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
3. Work behavior must be compatible with Center value statement and Policies and Procedures contributing to an environment of problem solving, building trust, conflict resolution, and customer service. Ability to perform tasks effectively and efficiently.
4. Ability to plan and schedule work and implement directives without constant supervision.
5. Ability to present a professional appearance and conduct when representing the Center.
6. Ability to work cooperatively and productively with supervisor, individuals, co-workers, and groups of persons at all levels of activity, contributing to a strong spirit of teamwork.
7. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, other agencies and the general public using tact, courtesy and good judgment.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS OR CONDITIONS (specify):
2. Must be insurable by Center's liability carrier if employee operates a Center vehicle or drives personal car on Center business.
3. Good driving record as defined by Gulf Bend Center.
4. Must complete all CORE training requirements prior to the due date.
5. Must have computer experience to include: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Must have good organizational skills to achieve multiple deadlines. Ability to type 40 wpm.
6. Must maintain regular attendance and reliability which is critical to business operations. This is a fulltime position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm or agreed upon hours 100% of the time, to ensure consistency and completeness of program's processes. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Gulf Bend Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applied to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.